There is a new psychological thriller coming out soon courtesy of publisher Katnappe and developer Genius Slackers, and that game is called What Happened. In What Happened players enter the mind of Stiles, literally, as they navigate passages within it that contain demons that are both real as well as ones conjured up by Stiles. Stiles is an American high school student so will have a lot of conflicting emotions such as anxiety and the mental health issue of depression.
The gameplay will focus on players wandering the corridors of Stiles’ mind along with solving puzzles to escape this internal maze. The demons will need to be avoided and with each step that is taken you get closer to helping Stiles recover from his plight. The key features include:
- Psychological thriller in which you guide high school student Stiles on an uncompromising journey through his troubled teenage mind.
- Unique first person perspective on an individual’s journey through anxiety and depression.
- Densely atmospheric world of waking nightmares infused with distorted memories.
- Environmental puzzles and cues guide you through the twisted corridors of Stiles’ mind.
- The empathy you show for the character will subtly affect the outcome of his journey.
What Happened will be released in the summer for PC via Steam, and will be coming to consoles at a later date.
Source: Press Release