Paradox Interactive has announced a new expansion for Prison Architect and it is one that was actually teased last year. This new expansion is called Island Bound, and it means players will be able to create island prisons. That means it will be tougher for inmates to escape as the only way on and off are on ferries and helicopters, unless they fancy a swim. Players will be able call in new emergency services if things get heated with Air Firefighters, Air Paramedics, and Elite Ops teams all on hand. If you fancy playing a premade map you can as Alcatraz Prison and Alcatraz Island will be in the game.
The full details of Prison Architect: Island Bound are below.
- Sea and Air: Upgrade your prison’s logistics with a variety of ferry and helicopter transport options that deliver supplies and inmates directly to docking areas around your compound. But be aware, there are now more access points to sneak contraband into the prison.
- Chain Link Up: Maximize your prison’s efficiency by linking docks, helipads, and roads to specific deliveries. You can even toggle what services are available to each delivery point within your compound.
- Supermax Security: New security objects make it easier to search deliveries and prisoners as they enter the prison, or at key security checkpoints. Additional emergency services can be called when things get out of hand, including Air Firefighters, Elite Ops Teams, and Air Paramedics.
- Island Life: Customize your Island or Connected Island Plot with over fifteen nautical tiles and objects. Shape the land around your compound with moats, rivers, and lakes for security, or for style — no access roads needed!
- The Rock: Manage the world’s most famous prison with two premade maps: Alcatraz Prison and Alcatraz Island.
Prison Architect: Island Bound will be available on June 11th for both PC and console, but if you want new content now you can download the Cleared for Transfer pack on PC.
Source: Press Release