Blizzard has begun the 4th anniversary for its competitive shooter for Overwatch and it sees the return of past events so players can play to claim loot from previous years. The first thing you will notice upon logging into Overwatch is the free Legendary Anniversary loot box waiting for you to open, and you will be get a Legendary item from it. That could be a character skin or a character emote. That is just the tip of the iceberg though. Everyday up until June 9th brawls will be active, with a different one occurring every 24 hours. For example, today is the Halloween Terror and that will also be available on May 28th and June 5th. The other brawls include Winter Wonderland, Year of the Rat, Uprising, Retribution, Storm Rising, Archives, and the Summer Games.
On top of the returning brawls new weekly challenges have been added. The full list of challenges and rewards are below.
Week 1 (May 19th to May 26th)
- Win 3 games – Carbon Fiber Sigma Player Icon
- Win 6 games – Carbon Fiber Sigma Spray
- Win 9 games – Carbon Fiber Sigma Epic Skin
Week 2 (May 26th to June 2nd)
- Win 3 games – Fleur de Lis Widowmaker Player Icon
- Win 6 games – Fleur de Lis Widowmaker Spray
- Win 9 games – Fleur de Lis Widowmaker Epic Skin
Week 3 (June 2nd to June 9th)
- Win 3 games – Masked Man McCree Player Icon
- Win 6 games – Masked Man McCree Spray
- Win 9 games – Masked Man McCree Epic Skin
Overwatch 2 was announced at BlizzCon 2019 where it was confirmed all the content from the sequel would be available in the original game.