You wait ages for a new Crash Bandicoot game, then two are announced within the space of weeks. Following the recent reveal of Crash Bandicoot 4: It’s About Time, King have announced a new game featuring the manic marsupial which is coming to iOS and Android very soon.
Crash Bandicoot: On the Run! is being developed by King, the Activision Blizzard owned creators of the mega popular Candy Crush series. This isn’t a match-three puzzler however, with Crash Bandicoot: On the Run! adapting the 3D platformer for mobile, similar to games such as Subway Surfers and Temple Run.
This new entry in the Crash Bandicoot series will feature familiar characters and locales as Crash and Coco look to thwart Dr. Neo Cortex once again. Here’s an official summary:
Classic Crash Bandicoot gameplay
– Running, sliding and jumping and with your favorite Crash Bandicoot characters on Wumpa Island.
– Run across iconic locations and explore Turtle Woods, Lost City, Temple Ruins and so many more tracks!
– Follow secret paths and run into hidden island locations for in-game challenges and rewards.
Battle the best Crash bosses
– Battle iconic characters like Scorporilla, Nitrus Brio, Nina Cortex or Dingodile for cool rewards.
– Build up your Bandicoot running skills and scout the Island to defeat all Dr. Neo Cortex’s minions in epic battles.
– Beat them with style: customize Crash for extra XP points!
Craft gadgets and weapons
– Team up with an all-time favorite character – Coco Bandicoot! – and spot enemies across the island.
– Go on battle runs and unlock rewards to build up, upgrade and customize the base.
– Gather ingredients on collection runs to craft serums and buildings.
– Unlock weapons like bombs and rayguns for battle runs and win rewards!
Earn game rewards and customize Crash
– Unlock skins and costumes of famous characters to build and customize your unique Crash Bandicoot.
– Customize Crash, go on the run and unlock challenges, characters and rewards to give your game a Bandicoot boost.
Go running with friends in multiplayer
– Up your game and join other Bandicoots on asynchronous multiplayer runs
– Run the island alongside fellow customized Crash and build your own stylish Bandicoot crew!
– Earn in-game Crash points to climb the solo and team leaderboards for rewards.
Those who pre-order Crash Bandicoot: On the Run! ready for its release date can redeem an exclusive “Blue Hyena” skin for Crash.
As a free-to-play title, this Crash spin-off will feature in-app purchases. However, when Crash 4 arrives on consoles this October, developer Toys For Bob have stated it will not include microtransactions.
Source: Press Release