Codemasters has released some brand new gameplay footage of Dirt 5, with the footage focusing on the brand new Path Finder events. These are new events that are being added to the series, and they are not going to be easy to tackle with large elevation changes and terrain variances. That means speed may not always be the answer and some sections will require a bit of skill to get over. Check out the footage below.
In the video, the vehicle of choice is the rock bouncer which is equipped with some very big wheels and a lot of suspension to overcome the tricky terrain that will come before you. Of course, the rock bouncer is just one vehicle in a whole host of different classes available. Those vehicle classes are:
- Cross Raid – The Volkswagen Race Touareg 3 and the Laffite G-Tec X-Road are two of the cars in this class which will be overcoming some of the rougher terrains through a combination of speed, durability, and strength.
- Rock Bouncer – These are built for some of the even rougher terrains with a roll cage helping to incorporate an experience climbing over giant rocks in big wheels with lots of traction at hand, and acceleration.
- Formula Off Road – The WS Auto Racing Titan is one of the vehicles here which will let you speed through environments, and will be perfect for the Stampede event
- Rally Cross – The Peugeot 208 WRX is just one of the cars that makes up one of the mainstay classes of the Dirt games. You’ll be using these for courses with those twisty corners.
- Classic Rally – The Fiat 131 Abarth Rally and the Porsche 924 GTS Rallye head up the throwback to old school rally vehicles where speed is the key.
- 80s Rally – Similar to the other rally classes but with a look at the cars from the 80s that were iconic in the sport.
- 90s Rally – The Subaru Impreza S4 and Mitsubishi Lancer Evo VI are two of the vehicles that led the rally scene of the 1990s, and you’ll be able to drive those.
- Modern Rally – The Citroen C3 R5 is one of the vehicles that will be in this class of the current rally vehicles you can choose from.
- Rally GT – The Aston Martin V8 Vantage GT-4 and Porsche 911 R-GT are just some road cars modified to hit the dirt instead.
- Sprint – 900bhp is a key feature of the Sprint vehicles which all have different sized wheels to go sideways around oval shaped tracks.
- Pre Racers – The Aston Martin DBX and Cadillac Escalade 2020 are just two of the cars refitted with off-road kits to take on some extreme racing.
- Unlimited – Big and tough events require some big and tough trucks to conquer them. The Jimco Unlimited Truck and Brenthel Industries Unlimited Truck will be two of those trucks to use.
- Super Lites – These lightweight vehicles will help you tear up the terrain at high speed. Two of the vehicles are the Ariel Nomad Tactical and Exomotive Exocet Off-Road.
Dirt 5 is being developed by Codemasters Chesire, the former Evolution team behind MotorStorm, DriveClub, and OnRush. Dirt 5 will be released on October 9th for PS4, Xbox One, and PC. It will also release on PS5 and Xbox Series X, with free upgrades available for those consoles, as well as Google Stadia.