In case you missed it, there’s a new patch available for popular survival sandbox sim, DayZ. Update 1.10 is fresh out of testing and ready for download, whether you’re playing the PC version of DayZ, or on consoles including PlayStation 4 and Xbox One. By extension, the game is also playable on PS5 and Xbox Series X|S via backwards compatibility.
If you don’t fancy wading through a wall of text to pick out the highlights in this newest DayZ update, developer Bohemia Interactive have released a new trailer.
It doesn’t go into too much detail, showing an in-game scenario where a survivor signals for aid using DayZ’s new flare pistol. We also get to the recently added M3S Truck in action as well splints and a new type of shelter.
We’ve included the image above (shown at the end of the 1.10 trailer) which gives players a snapshot of what the devs have added. Here’s a more comprehensive list below – those seeking the full changelog can find it via the official patch notes.
- You can now break the players lower leg, damage is applied by falling or brute force (walking/fighting with a broken leg will result in shock damage)
- Added the Signal Pistol and its ammunition (in various colors)
- Added crafted Tanned Leather using Garden Lime
- Added crafted Leather Backpack
- Added crafted Improvised Shelter
- Added localization for Brazilian-Portuguese
- Added the crafted Splint
- Added Tarp (material)
- Added the ability to replace ruined parts of tents (entrance-/window-covers) with tarp
- Added the Pipe Wrench
- You can now repair a damaged car engine with the Pipe Wrench
- You can now repair parts of the vehicle chassis with an Epoxy Putty
- Clothing items now have an indicator for their insulation value
- Exposure to wind will make your character freeze more (forests can provide cover)
- Food decays over time
- Items dry up over-time when put on the ground or in a cargo space on the ground (proximity to a fireplace is no longer required, but the area of a fireplace dries items faster)
- Items cool down over-time in the player’s inventory and on the ground
- Added a heat buffer to supply an overtime heat bonus to the thermal comfort of the player character (you receive a temporary heat bonus after spending time near a fireplace)
- Added a smoking slot to several types of fireplaces, used to dry meat
- Added additional coastline details between Storozh (prison island) and Ostrog, making the sea traversal easier and more interesting (Chernarus)
- Punching now deals damage to gloves and can cause bleeding to bare hands
- Added a visual effect to increasing shock damage (both reflecting getting hit, and current state)
- Added damage when jumping out of a running vehicle (also including a chance for broken legs and death)
- New visual heat haze effect for the fireplace, flare, road flare and torch lights
Bohemia Interactive have confirmed DayZ on PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X|S will run better than on last-gen systems. We haven’t seen any technical breakdowns though they cite a noticeable improvement in overall performance.