If you’re playing Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart this weekend then you may have noticed that update 1.001.004 is now available.
The small patch is ready to download and install though fans of the PS5 exclusive platformer shouldn’t expect any major new features or content added to the game. According to the latest patch notes from developer Insomniac Games, the update offers “improved general game stability”.
Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart launched on June 11th and has already been received well among gamers and reviewers. It is currently sitting on an OpenCritic score of 89, positioning it in joint first for the best-scoring video game of 2021 right next to Chicory: A Colorful Tale.
In our review of Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart, we scored the sequel a mighty 9 out of 10:
Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart is the PlayStation 5 showcase you have been waiting for. Instantaneous travel to worlds thanks to the SSD, thumping 3D audio, ray tracing through the gorgeous levels, and clever use of the DualSense bring the many locations to life. Paired with classic Ratchet & Clank gameplay, this game is a riotous feast of explosions, platforming, and fast paced action.
If you haven’t played Rift Apart since its launch weekend then you may have missed out on update 1.001.003, here are the release notes in full:
Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart Update 1.001.003 Patch notes
- Improved general game stability
- Prevented players from getting stuck if a weapon video does not play
- Addressed an issue where the player could become stuck during the Phantom chase
- Addressed an issue where Rivet could spawn without the hammer
- Addressed an issue where Rivet could become stuck after collecting Zurpstones in Challenge Mode
- Various additional fixes
- Disabled automatic 120 Hz display output in Performance modes
- Prior to this update, if “Enable 120 Hz Output” was set in the system settings, using the Performance RT or Performance mode would auto-detect a 120 Hz-capable display and use a 120 Hz output mode. While this did not change the game’s frame rate, it did reduce input latency by ~8 ms. However, entering this mode introduced visual compatibility issues with some displays that we didn’t feel comfortable imposing automatically on players. We’re exploring ways to re-introduce this input latency reduction feature in a future update.
Source: Insomniac Games