Skybound Games and Mighty Yell have confirmed that the adventure game The Big Con will be released on August 31st. It will be released PC, Xbox One, and Xbox Series X|S with a price point of $14.99 / €12,49 / £10.74. The story of The Big Con follows Ali, who is a bit of a con artist and pickpocket. Ali is using these skills to save her mum’s video store from loan sharks. Ali will travel across the country to raise the funds from picking pockets to pulling off larger jobs.
In our preview for The Big Con Steve wrote:
“So the demo showcases the interesting premise, the basic gameplay of picking pockets, finding objects and working out the best way to profit from them but more importantly than all of these, it sets the tone for the game. It is here that you’ll probably either be drawn in or pushed away. The radical dialogue, 90s comic book colour scheme, and self-referential humour won’t be for everyone but it certainly didn’t grate in the time I’ve spent with it. In fact, the bright graphics and slacker dialogue makes it feel like a perfect holiday game, which is just as well as it is set to be released during the summer this year.”
The features include:
- An irreverent comic adventure game with open-ended situations, puzzles, and exploration.
- Crime is cool now — sneak, pickpocket, wear disguises, and grift and con anyone you can!
- Mouth off! Talk your way into deals and out of trouble across the country.
- Meet a cast of weird ‘90s characters and rip ‘em off (or help them, if that’s your deal).
- Original theme song from Where in the World Is Carmen Sandiego? house band Rockapella!
- Call home and argue with your mom!
You can read the full preview in the article ‘The Big Con brings 90s malls back to our screens in vibrant technicolour‘.
Source: Press Release