The Serpent Rogue has been announced by Team17 and Sengi Games, with the game being described as a potion crafting roguelike. The Serpent Rogue has been confirmed for PS5, Xbox Series X|S, Switch and PC, with a release expected in 2022. Players will be engaging in alchemy as well as taming wild creatures to stop a threat called The Serpent Rogue. Players take control of The Warden who roams the medieval landscape but their actions could easily make them a hero or villain.
The Serpent Rogue key features include the following:
- Sandbox roguelike: Explore the mysterious world of The Serpent Rogue; locations and items are fully randomised as The Serpent Rogue unleashes storms and other natural disasters
- Permutations aplenty: Utilise the magic and crafting of alchemy to create new tactics to overcome the many threats and situations created by Morbus
- Cause and effect: The Warden’s actions have consequences that can be used to their advantage; but will they become the hero of the tale… or the villain?
As well as alchemy, players will also be able to transform into any creature as well as transform creatures into other things, including into The Warden. A demo has been made available for the game on Steam, giving players an idea of what to expect on the full game. You can download the demo from Steam here. The minimum PC requirements can be found below:
- Requires a 64-bit processor and operating system
- OS: Windows 7/8/10 (64-bit OS required)
- Processor: Intel Core i3 3.5GHz | AMD FX-4170
- Memory: 4 GB RAM
- Graphics: Nvidia GTX 760 | AMD R7 270X
- DirectX: Version 11
- Storage: 4 GB available space
Source: Press Release