Patch 1.12 for F1 2021 is out now, adding the iconic Imola circuit to the game, a time-limited Red Bull livery, and bringing a whole host of bug fixes as well.
See the Imola circuit in action with this hot lap trailer featuring Pierre Gasly’s Alpha Tauri.
The Imola circuit (technically known as Autodromo Enxo e Dino Ferrari) was the venue for the Emilia Romagna GP earlier this year (technically called Formula 1 Pirelli Gran Premio Del Made In Italy e Dell’Emilia Romagna 2021). In another mixed up year for the sport, Imola was the second race in the season, seeing Red Bull’s Max Verstappen coming home in first with title rival Lewis Hamilton in second and Lando Norris in third.
While Imola was also raced on in 2020, it was once again a late addition to the F1 2021 calendar, and given how much chopping and changing there has been due to the pandemic travel restrictions, it’s no surprise that Codemasters did not have Imola ready for F1 2021’s launch in July. Instead Imola, Portimao and the new Jeddah Street Circuit were promised as part of a series of free post-release updates. Portimao was added last month, while the Jeddah Street Circuit will be coming in November ahead of the Saudi Arabian Grand Prix.
Also included in today’s update is a ‘visual sport update’. This adds the white Red Bull that the team raced in last weekend’s 2021 Turkish Grand Prix as a special thank you to engine supplier Honda who will be leaving the sport (again) at the end of 2021. You’ll be able to race with it in game for a limited time until 15th November.
A MEGA tribute to @HondaRacingF1 😍🤍
— Formula 1 (@F1) October 7, 2021
There’s also new support for the Fanatec CSL DD wheel base, and PC users have new graphics options for AMD FSR and CACAO.
Here’s the full F1 2021 version 1.12 patch notes:
- Imola has been added to the game
- Visual sports update including the special Red Bull livery as seen in the 2021 Turkish GP
- Esports Pit Release option has been added to multiplayer sessions
- Added support for the Fanatec CSL DD Base
- Added support for AMD FSR and CACAO
- Fixed an issue where the game information received by the host in an online session from a client machine resulted in the following issues: incorrect positional information for other players, stuttering and lag on the host machine, cars driving the wrong way in the pitlane and cars appearing on top of one another on the spectator feed.
- Addressed an issue where players would sometimes fail to connect to an online session
- Added a visible timeout to multiplayer sessions so that lobbies will not be unnecessarily held up while loading
- Addressed an issue where the lap counter could appear incorrect for spectators after a formation lap
- Addressed a crash that could occur when entering a weekly event after a network error
- Addressed an issue where the host being invited back to the session after a host migration could result in an error
- Portimao and Imola have been added to the Beginner and Experienced Social Play templates
- Addressed a handling exploit in lower speed corners
- Addressed an issue where user’s customisation could be locked as Carlos Sainz
- Addressed an issue where dials could be missing from the Ferrari wheel after adjusting camera settings
- Addressed an issue where users could incorrectly receive a penalty at the end of a Virtual Safety Car period
- Adjusted various kerbs in Bahrain, Monza and China
- Addressed various terrain holes on Bahrain and China
- Addressed an issue where changing shutter speed in Photo Mode could cause the image to be distorted
- Addressed an issue where floor damage could be accumulated on Spa-Francorchamps
- Leaderboard percentage ranking has been re-added to Time Trial
- Made improvements to AI yielding behaviour so they no longer match the player pace when not on a flying lap
- Addressed an issue where resetting camera customisation to default would only apply to TV-Pod camera
- Addressed an issue where it could be difficult to exit the pits in Baku as Williams without crossing the white line on the pit exit
- Addressed an issue where UDP data was not being broadcast on Xbox Series consoles
- Addressed an issue where retiring in the garage could cause a yellow flag incident
- Player will no longer incur a penalty for fitting a new gearbox after a gearbox failure has resulted in retirement from the race
- Addressed an issue where Nvidia DLSS mode could not be changed in some circumstances
- Component changes now correctly take effect when using Quick Practice
- Addressed an issue where fuel mix could be locked on an out lap on certain tracks
- Driver of the Day selection criteria has been updated
- General stability improvements
- Various minor fixes
F1 2021 was another strong entry in Codemasters’ long-running F1 series, out now across PS5, Xbox Series X|S, PS4, Xbox One and PC. In our F1 2021 review I wrote:
“F1 2021 is one of the broadest depictions of the sport ever created, building on familiar cars and handling alongside returning multiplayer, esports, and My Team career modes, while the new Braking Point story gives you a taste of the teammate drama you loved to watch (and mock) in Netflix’s Drive to Survive.”
Source: EA Codemasters