XEL has a new developer diary which shows off some of the game’s early exploration area as well as the combat. XEL is an open world sci-fi title in which players will be able to explore dungeons and solve puzzles. In the footage, you can see some of the early puzzles where the main character Reid opens a path. The early enemies are also quite basic with simple attacks that are easy to defeat, but there will be tougher puzzles and enemies will be stronger later in the game.
The blurb for XEL reads: “Play as Reid, shipwrecked on the strange world of XEL. Without any recollection of her former life, it is up to you to unravel her past and connection to XEL. Ready your sword and shield as you explore the overworld of XEL and dive into imposing Zelda-like dungeons full of unforeseen threats and challenging puzzles. Throughout your journey you will make new friends and foes, learn new moves, find new gadgets as well as being able to jump through time and space. As Reid delves deeper into the mysteries surrounding XEL, she discovers an endless cycle of peril. Will she be able to break free from it and what will it take?”
The features of XEL include:
• Sci-fi Dungeon Diving: The world of XEL features a vast, extensive overworld and challenging, Zelda-like dungeons to explore
• A Deep Combat System: Become proficient at using a variety of attacks and combos, while dodging, and parrying to tackle and take out foes
• Gadgets & Guns: Master and upgrade your weapons, shield, and gadgets to smash your foes and open up new areas to explore
• Deep Lore and a Deeper Mystery: What exactly happened to this world, and who is responsible? Piece together a captivating story and dive into the legends behind the cryptic history XEL
• Spacetime? Not a Problem: Unlock special abilities that allow Reid to bend the rules of space and time, granting her access to previously impassable areas and opening up new ways to defeat difficult enemies
XEL is going to be released in Summer 2022 for PC and Switch, with Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, PS5, and PS4 later.
Source: Press Release