Tribes of Midgard Season 2: Serpent Saga will be released on December 14th, Norsfell and Gearbox Publishing has announced, and it will be a free update. The Serpent Saga season will add the Open Seas biome, five more runes, Saga Boss, new weapons and armour, and a new season track. Boats and swimming are the two big features being added. Norsfell has also confirmed that Tribes of Midgard now has over one million players.
“Our goal has always been to build Tribes of Midgard into the ultimate Viking Sandbox, and Season 2 seamlessly continues that journey for the one million Vikings who are already members of our Tribe!” said Julian Maroda, CEO and Creative Director of Norsfell. “This new season radically changes the world, allowing players to swim (literally!) through our ever-growing Norse sandbox, setting sail on new horizons, and fighting waves of new enemies as they enjoy a boatload of QoL improvements. We’re delivering a true expansion in every sense that was built from the ground up to expand upon every facet of the original content, giving players new tools regardless of which Saga Quest they’re on.”
The key features of Tribes of Midgard Season 2: Serpent Saga include:
- A New Saga Boss – Just like the fearsome Fenrir from Season 1, you will now have another mysterious but powerful beast of myth to tackle before Fimbulwinter. Take to the seas to find and unlock its Lair, and defeat the beast to stop Ragnarök.
- Shipyard – Your Shipyard, located right outside your village on an Ash Beach biome, will need to be rebuilt just like the Quarry, Farm, and Lumberyard. Once rebuilt, you can use resources to craft Boat kits and take to the seas! Smaller boats are flimsier, but are more nimble and require less materials. Larger boats unlocked by leveling up your Shipyard can hold more players, travel faster, and have more HP, but cost more resources. With different tiers of boats, players can choose the right boat for their playstyle.
- Boats – Vikings can now sail the seven seas by building and constructing Boats crafted in the Shipyard. Boats can be placed and built through your Construction Inventory, but only in the Open Seas off a coastline, shore or cliff – not in rivers or ponds.
- Swimming – For shorter trips, or on the off chance your ship takes a turn for the worst, Vikings can now swim! While a quick lap or trip back to an accessible shoreline or Boat ladder is fine, swimming is limited by your Viking’s Stamina gauge – so make sure you’re back on your boat or dry land when that bar hits zero, or you’ll start taking damage until the water claims you.
- Exploration – Explore the Open Seas and access uncharted islands off the shores of Midgard to find Merchants and new Beacon Camps filled with turrets and brand new enemies! The expanded map allows you to discover new lands full of resources, enemies, and loot. However, there is also a greater challenge, as you will have to traverse this expanded world to unlock and defeat the Saga Boss before Fimbulwinter.
Source: Press Release