Phantom Breaker: Omnia will be released on March 15th for PS4, Xbox One, PC, and Switch, Rocket Panda Games and MAGES have confirmed. This is the first time a Phantom Breaker fighting game will officially be released in Western markets, and the game itself is a major update of the 2011 release Phantom Breaker: Extra. The only previous Phantom Breaker title released in the West was the side scrolling beat ’em up Phantom Breaker: Battle Ground, which sold 400,000 copies.
“Today, the team is ecstatic to announce ‘Phantom Breaker: Omnia’s’ release date,” said M. Panda, Executive Panda and Co-Founder of Rocket Panda Games. “The addition of new characters, features and updates to the game has taken more time than anticipated – but for our first self-published game we had to ensure we’re producing the game to the best of our ability. The ‘Phantom Breaker: Omnia’ project has evolved far beyond a simple port and has become an enhanced and complete Phantom Breaker experience. The fire in all of our hearts will be burning next March!”
The key features of Phantom Breaker: Omnia include:
- 20 Characters – Includes all characters from Phantom Breaker: Extra like Kurisu , Makise from Steins;Gate and two brand new characters created specifically for Phantom Breaker: Omnia.
- Three different fighting styles: Quick, Hard, and Omnia – Drastically change your characters’ speed, power, and mechanics based on your choice.
- Complex combos returned and rebalanced – Pulling off amazing combos and special attacks has never been easier as Phantom Breaker: Omnia’s fighting system has been overhauled and rebalanced.
- Dual language audio and more – A first on the Phantom Breaker series, all characters will have English voice acting. The game’s text will be also translated into English, Japanese, French, Italian, German, Spanish, Simplified and Traditional Chinese.
- Modern, remixed soundtrack – The background music for each character has been redone and remixed with the option to play the original background music.
- The complete experience – Players can immerse themselves with the stories from both the original Phantom Breaker and Phantom Breaker: Extra.
Source: Press Release