There’s a new update for Final Fantasy 14, adding even more new content to the hugely popular MMORPG following the launch of its latest expansion.
Final Fantasy 14 Endwalker released in early December with hours upon hours of story quests, dungeons, and raids to complete while exploring a host of new in-game locations. Not only that, the mega expansion introduced two new playable classes including the Reaper and Sage.
A sudden spike in popularity forced publisher Square Enix to temporarily remove Final Fantasy 14 with servers buckling under the pressure of massive queues.
In the meantime, we’ve provided a handy summary of what to expect in patch 6.01.
Final Fantasy 14 Update 6.01 Patch Summary
- Chronicles of a New Era quests have been added.
- Housing – New orchestrion rolls have been added.
- Gold Saucer – New Triple Triad cards have been added.
- The new raid dungeon Pandæmonium: Asphodelos has been added.
- Experience points earned by completing level 81 to 89 dungeons has been increased.
- Experience points earned by completing junior, associate, and senior guildship mark bills has been increased.
- New items have been added.
- New minions have been added.
- New achievements have been added.
- New trophies have been added (PlayStation®5).
- New music has been added.
- The volume of the sound effect played when successfully completing an action combo has been increased.
- The sound effect of the scholar action Broil IV has been adjusted.
- Combat sounds for Voice 4 of male Viera have been adjusted.
- Players can now use the Character Renaming Service even when servers are heavily congested.
Square Enix has also published a list of resolved issues which can be found at the bottom of this post.
What’s next for the long running JRPG series? Next year will kick off with Stranger of Paradise: Final Fantasy Origins, co-developed by Nioh creators, Team Ninja. Despite promises that we’d hear more by the end of 2021, Final Fantasy XVI has gone silent.
Source: Final Fantasy XIV Lodestone