Blizzard has given fans a deep dive into Diablo 2 Resurrected 2.4.3 which will address a number of issues flagged by the player community on both PC and consoles.
The new patch will go live tomorrow on June 29, 2022, and will be available as a free download for PS4, PS5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, PC, and Nintendo Switch.
First and foremost, Blizzard has been working to improve the RPG remake’s online matchmaking. Backend improvements to Diablo 2 Resurrected should make it easier to find multiplayer sessions to join, while console players will benefit from changes to the party finder feature. When launching the game you will select one or three options, either hosting your own private session, creating a game for the public to join, or browsing the game list for parties to join.
Of course, the new Diablo 2 Resurrected update comes with plenty of improvements and bug fixes which can be found listed below.
Diablo 2 Resurrected Update 2.4.3 Patch Notes
QUALITY OF LIFE IMPROVEMENTS
- Players can now start a new Whirlwind, Leap, or Leap Attack immediately after a Whirlwind ends.
- Changed the logic for determining how often Whirlwind attacks occur. Whirlwind now incorporates Increased Attack Speed (IAS) from all equipment. The frames between each Whirlwind attack
- are equal to the attack frame of a basic attack for that character (modified by increased attack speed). While dual wielding, the attack frame for each weapon will be averaged (rounding up).
- Overall, Whirlwind attacks should be at least as fast as they were before. Slower weapons will attack notably faster.
- Added a new “Loot to Cube” skill for controllers in the general skills menu. Using this skill on an item will pick it up and place it in your Horadric Cube, if there is space.
- Added a bindable hotkey for mouse and keyboard to directly open the Horadric Cube if it is in your inventory.
- Added a new button shortcut to open the Horadric Cube from the inventory menu.
- Players can now bulk assign stat points using a controller.
- A confirmation prompt will now appear when bulk assigning all remaining stat points on both PC and console. This option is unavailable while using legacy graphics.
- Added an Automap Auto Open setting to allow players to set their preferred Automap position.
- You can now double click on a game to join it in the PC lobby.
- Players on Switch can now join a friend’s game via the in-game Friends List.
- Game List size has been doubled from 20 to 40.
- Game list details in both the details panel and in the Game List now load faster upon selecting a game.
- Friends playing D2R are now sorted to the top of the Friends List.
- Console players now have an option in the options menu to toggle Game Name visibility.
- Fixed an issue where Deckard Cain was not able to identify items in the Horadric Cube. Now he will do so when the Cube is in your main inventory.
- Fixed an issue where short-distance whirlwinds could end without executing a single attack.
- Fixed an issue where Whirlwind would still apply properties and damage from a broken weapon.
- Fixed an issue where the first attack of Whirlwind was treated different from the rest. When dual wielding, the first attack will choose two targets, just like all the other attacks.
- Fixed an issue where resurrect costs were inconsistent for high-level mercenaries.
- Fixed an issue where corpse skills were not auto-targeting corpses when using just right click.
- Fixed an issue where you couldn’t select and join lobby games on PC with a controller.
- Fixed an issue where players could impersonate developers by mimicking the chat font color used to display system messages.
- Fixed an issue where lobby figurines would disappear while whispering.
- Fixed an issue that would rarely prevent players from joining a private game.
- Fixed an issue in Hardcore where both players had to mutually flag each other to be able to loot a corpse, even if the dead player had the other player flagged.
- Fixed an issue where ladder rankings with six or more digits would begin to overlap the character name.
- Fixed an issue that would sometimes cause the most recently played characters to not sort to the top of the list.
- Fixed an issue where an off-hand flail could fail to animate on the front end.
- Fixed miscellaneous localization bugs.
Stability and Performance
- Fixed a performance issue that could occur when spamming refresh at a vendor for an extended period.
- Miscellaneous crash and stability fixes.
If you’ve already blitzed through Diablo 2 Resurrected and want to find your next dungeon crawling fix, we’ve created a list of the best games like Diablo. There are some greats picks including Path of Exile and non isometric RPGs such as Borderlands 3.
In the meantime, we recently delved into the Diablo series. Our feature explores how Blizzard created the first games in what would become a flagship PC franchise, what features were ultimately left on the cutting room floor, and how Diablo 3 managed to recover from its train wreck of a launch.