Marvel’s Avengers update 2.5 is finally here and ready to download on all platforms including PS4, PS5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S and PC. The highlight of this latest patch? The introduction of a new hero: Jane Foster.
She is the eleventh Marvel icon to join the roster, following the PlayStation-exclusive launch of Spider-Man at the end of 2021. Her arrival comes at quite a convenient time for Square Enix and Crystal Dynamics who are no doubt looking to siphon some Thor fans with the cinematic release of Thor: Love and Thunder.
Jumping back into the game for the first time since the Klaw raid was added, we gave Jane Foster a brief spin around some earlier missions. Anyone who owns a copy of the game can unlock her for free with an optional hero pass available for those wanting to beat character-specific challenges in exchange for cosmetic items.
While there’s definitely a lot of overlap between her and Thor’s movesets, the Avenger has some unique powers and attacks of her own. However, these nuances won’t be felt by most casual players, or at least until they’ve almost maxed out Jane Foster’s skill tree. She’s a fun addition though cynics wouldn’t be entirely wrong in branding her a reskin of an existing character. Not only that, she simply turns up in-game with little to no fanfare. If you’re expecting a War for Wakanda style expansion, this ain’t it.
Marvel’s Avengers update 2.5 Patch Notes
- New Hero: Jane Foster, the Mighty Thor!
- Hero Challenge Card
- Unique Mission Chain
- Outfits, Takedowns, Emotes, & Nameplates
Reassemble Campaign & Avengers Initiative
- Nothing lasts forever… Heroes no longer inherit traversal abilities from other Heroes when swapping them out during Heroic Gauntlets. Any characters that currently have traversal issues will be fixed in this Patch, and it will no longer happen to new Heroes in your roster.
- Non-flying enemies no longer spawn in midair in the mission “This Hostile Earth.”
- The camera no longer gets stuck if players reset a Custom HARM room while in a Gravity Trap.
- Fixed an issue in certain Drop Zones preventing players from healing Inhuman NPCs.
- Kate’s Decoy no longer remains active forever if it was active when a Vault’s Sequence Objective’s EMP blast was fired.
- In the mission “My Life as a Weapon,” enemies now spawn correctly when players skip the rooftop BBQ cinematic.
- In the final Klaw fight, Klaw’s attacks no longer throw players out of the world.
- Temple enemies in the Klaw Raid now despawn properly at the end of the encounter.
- Klaw’s gun slam ability no longer pushes Ms. Marvel out of the world.
- Ensured the health bar shows up for Abomination at the end of the mission “Heart of the Monster” after players reload checkpoint.
- We fixed a rare occurrence of Corrupted Vibranium spires not emerging.
- The Cargo Runner Synthoid’s loot can now be picked up even if you leave the area and return later. (Previously, players who defeated the synthoid but didn’t pick up its loot, left the area, and returned later were not able to collect their sweet, sweet gear.)
- Some players experienced an issue where MODOK’s Codex file would not unlock upon defeating him in the Reassembled campaign, but we’ve fixed the issue, so now the Codex file will always unlock at the appropriate time. Any players who’ve beaten MODOK but not received his Codex file will receive it retroactively.
- Thor can no longer activate the Bifrost indefinitely when reloading checkpoints or returning to the Quinjet. (He’s worthy, but he’s not THAT worthy!)
- Corrected an issue that erroneously granted extra Faction reputation to players, potentially allowing the Faction Level 50 cap to be bypassed. Players who bypassed the Faction Level 50 cap will have their progress reset to Level 50.
Multiplayer & Matchmaking
- Activating the Hulkbuster just before the Klaw boss fight begins no longer leaves the mission in an incompletable state.
Art & Animation
- Flying sound effects are no longer missing from the following Thor Outfits:
- Marvel Studios’ The Avengers
- Marvel Studios’ Thor: Ragnarok
- Marvel Studios’ Thor
- Marvel Studios’ Thor: The Dark World
- Marvel Studios’ Thor: Infinity War
- Marvel Studios’ Avengers: Endgame
- Cosmic Herald
- The sonic debuff effect no longer displays on players in the Klaw Raid who are “down but not out.”
- A section of the Wasteland Vault terrain has been updated so that players no longer fall out of the world.
- Added subtitles for Nick Fury’s lines after the HARM tutorial.
- UI elements no longer overlap in the Faction Vendor menus.
- The word “Matchmaking” in the Companion menu now localizes correctly for different regions.
- Nick Fury’s dialogue subtitles during the intro scene are no longer cut off by the War Table.
- Updated subtitles for Black Widow’s dialogue during the finale for accuracy.
- Updated text in Red Room Event Mission Chain objectives list. It used to list “Complete Red Room Mission Chains” as an objective when it should have listed “Complete Red Room Challenge Levels.” The mission chain now lists the correct text.
Gear, Challenges, & Rewards
- Fixed an issue with Tachyon gear that allowed 2 of the exact same status effect perk to drop-in slot 1 and 2 for melee gear
- Perks found on standard gear and Minor Artifacts that are melee focused (Melee boon as an example) have had their ceiling raised by 5-10% based on the bonus. Stun and critical chance are on the higher end while damage and critical damage are on the lower end. This will mean the possible potential of these perks is higher. The quality of the gear will have a larger impact on how close to the perks’ ceiling you will get.
Looking further ahead, there’s a good chance we’ll see more heroes added to the game. At the very least we know there’s new story content on the way that will pick up following the events of campaign.
Source: Marvel’s Avengers