A new Marvel’s Avengers update is now available, hot on the heels of the recent Jane Foster expansion. Last month, developer Crystal Dynamics added The Mighty Thor as the game’s latest playable hero, following on from Spider-Man.
Read more: should you play Marvel’s Avengers in 2022
This Marvel’s Avengers update (also seen as version 2.5.1) is largely aimed at fixing a number bugs surrounding the latest addition to the roster. This includes improvements to a number of animations and visual effects as well as various combat skills.
Which hero will we see next? In an awkward gameplay livestream with the game’s Lead Designer, Brian Waggoner, Xbox guest host, TechniqTV, may have let slip that She-Hulk is coming. Meanwhile, another reported leak hints at Bucky Barnes (aka The Winter Soldier) helming the next free content drop.
Marvel’s Avengers Update 1.68 Patch Notes
- Fixed an issue preventing players from seeing all other players’ Heroic Orbs during multiplayer.
- Refined the lighting visual effects for when The Mighty Thor’s “The All-Weapon” Ultimate Heroic is active.
- The Mighty Thor’s “Heart on a String” Takedown’s audio cues now sync up with the Takedown’s animation.
- Improved elements of The Mighty Thor’s character model in efforts to reduce clipping and improve shadows.
- The Mighty Thor’s hammer no longer becomes Mjolnir when it is thrown. (Although that’s some cool multiversal madness!)
- Fixed a rare issue where The Mighty Thor’s Animatic would not activate when players interacted with Mjolnir.
- The Mighty Thor’s “God Blast” animation now shows lightening striking all targets, as intended.
- Mjolnir no longer randomly sticks to certain glass elements in the environment.
- There is no longer clipping through The Mighty Thor’s cape when players use her “Cloudy Disposition” Emote.
- Jane now holds her hammer at the start of her “The Perfect Spin” and “Don’t Even Need The Hammer” Takedowns.
- All Heroes’ faces now animate properly when speaking with The Mighty Thor.
- Edited the “Rise and Shine” event description to include the Units that the event rewards.
- Localized VO lines for “The Mighty Thor” now play properly during her intro cinematic.
- The Mighty Thor’s ranged combo skill “Quickfire” now works against Dreadbots, instead of her hammer bouncing off.
- The Mighty Thor’s “Quickfire” skill is no longer available preemptively after unlocking the “Seek and Pin” skill.
- The Mighty Thor’s “Seek and Pin” ability is no longer dependent on where players are aiming and seeks enemies autonomously, as designed.
- The Mighty Thor’s “Mjolnir’s Chosen” skill damage now scales to a Hero’s stats, as intended.
- Mjolnir’s gotten some repairs. It now glows properly when the “Possess the Power” emote is active.
- The “Aesir’s Breaker” perk no longer boosts non-Unarmed Attacks, such as “Warrior’s Fury” lightning bolts.
- Bonus resource rewards for Threat Sectors, including those in Wakanda and the Snowy Tundra, are no longer rewarded for completing the wrong missions.
- When players select The Mighty Thor for the first time, they will automatically be granted Power Level 1 Gear.
- The “Investing in the Future” Achievement is now properly unlocked when upgrading a piece of gear to its max level.
- Gear Vendors no longer offer Power Level increases beyond the intended level.
- The Mighty Thor’s Heavy Attack skill “Falling Star” is now granted at level one and requires no skill to purchase. Players will no longer have an extra skill point at level one on The Mighty Thor.
- Defeating enemies while The Mighty Thor’s “All-Mother’s Blessing” ability is active no longer progresses the “Warrior’s Fury” Daily Challenge, as intended.
- The Mighty Thor’s “Need to Take a Call” default Takedown now shows as owned in player inventories, as intended.
- Mjolnir now properly drops Intrinsic Orbs when The Mighty Thor’s “Mjolnir’s Chosen” Heroic Specialization is active.
Jumping back into the game for the first time since the Klaw raid was added, we gave Jane Foster a brief spin around some earlier missions. Anyone who owns a copy of the game can unlock her for free with an optional hero pass available for those wanting to beat character-specific challenges in exchange for cosmetic items.
While there’s definitely a lot of overlap between her and Thor’s movesets, the Avenger has some unique powers and attacks of her own. However, these nuances won’t be felt by most casual players, or at least until they’ve almost maxed out Jane Foster’s skill tree. She’s a fun addition though cynics wouldn’t be entirely wrong in branding her a reskin of an existing character. Not only that, she simply turns up in-game with little to no fanfare. If you’re expecting a War for Wakanda style expansion, this ain’t it.
Source: Marvel’s Avengers