There’s a glimmer of good news for Stadia fans, as CD Projekt Red has cooked up a way to export your Cyberpunk 2077 save files and transfer it over to the PC version of the game. From there you can even use cross-progression to get your save onto PlayStation or Xbox.
Thanks to this, players will now be able to continue their game forward to Cyberpunk 2077 Phantom Liberty expansion next year – so long as they have a PC capable.
Stadia players were hit by the announcement of Stadia’s shutdown in the last few weeks, leaving them with a looming reality that game progress would be lost after access to the servers went offline. Thankfully game studios have stepped up to the plate, either already having cross-progression built into their games (like Destiny 2), adapting the service to work with Stadia or coming up with new ways to extract save files based on the Google Takeout service.
For Cyberpunk 2077, CD Projekt Red already has a cross-progression system for PC and consoles, and has now provided details for how to extract Stadia save data and import it to PC, and from there to console – you will need to have bought Cyberpunk 2077 multiple times, of course.
How to transfer Cyberpunk 2077 save from Stadia to PC
- Open takeout.google.com.
- In “Create a new export” section click “Deselect all” and select “Stadia”. Press “Next Step” to continue.
- Choose your preferred destination and “Export once” frequency. Choose “.zip” file type and “2 GB” size. Press “Create Export”.
- Download the export from the destination chosen in the previous step.
- Locate the downloaded archive on your PC. Extract it.
- Your Cyberpunk 2077 gamesaves will be located in the following path: …/Takeout/Stadia/GAMING/GAME_SAVE/
Note that there may be save files from other games located there as well.
- Files of each gamesave are located inside archives. Extract them to separate folders.
- To use the extracted saves on PC version, simply copy-paste those folders to the following path: %userprofile%\Saved Games\CD Projekt Red\Cyberpunk 2077
Make sure that files are not nested inside another folder. See an example of one save below.
- If you own a game copy on supported console platform, you can use cross progression on any of the PC platforms and sync it with your GOG account to transfer your progress to a console:
- Start Cyberpunk 2077 on the PC.
- Make sure that you are logged in in the REDlauncher – this will be the account used to store your cross platform saves.
- Make sure the cross-platform saves are enabled in the in-game Settings.
- Load the latest save file from Stadia (or any other that you want to copy)
- Save the game again.
- This save file should be synced with the cloud and appear on your console (if you’re logged in to the same GOG account).
Source: CD Projekt Red