One of the biggest changes made in Marvel’s Spider-Man 2 is how Suits work in-game. The introduction of Suit Tech adds a more conventional “skill tree” twist to character progression. As you level up and gather resources while swinging through the streets of New York, you’ll gain access to Suit upgrades that offer permanent stat bonuses and other abilities.
These fall into 4 different categories including Health, Damage, Focus, and Traversal. It doesn’t take a genius to work out what each Suit Tech upgrade does, though it will take some time to collect the necessary components to max out your Spider-Men.
It’s also worth noting that, within each Suit Tech panel, there are 2 upgrades that can be toggled between. For example, the third Health upgrade unlocks two perks though you can only have one activate at any time.
- Amazing Health 1: Increase health by 10. Maximum health is now 110.
- Amazing Health 2: Increase health by 10. Maximum health is now 120.
- Confidence Boost: Slightly heal when performing a Perfect Dodge.
- Rejuvenating Parry: Slightly heal on successful Parry.
- Spectacular Health 1: Increase health by 15. Maximum health is now 135.
- Spectacular Health 2: Increase health by 15. Maximum health is now 150.
- The Best Defence: Slightly heal on every 10th hit of a Combo.
- Life Link: Web-Shooter hits heal you slightly.
- Ultimate Health 1: Increase health by 20. Maximum health is now 170.
- Ultimate Health 2: Increase health by 30. Maximum health is now 200.
- Amazing Damage 1: Increase damage by 10%. Base damage is now 110%.
- Amazing Damage 2: Increase damage by 10%. Base damage is now 120%.
- Air Marshal: Damage dealt to enemies in mid-air is increased.
- Focused Parry: Successfully Parrying an enemy attack partially recharges abilities.
- Spectacular Damage 1: Increase damage by 10%. Base damage is now 130%.
- Spectacular Damage 2: Increase damage by 10%. Base damage is now 140%.
- Combo King: Abilities are slightly recharged on every 10th hit of a Combo.
- The Floor Is Lava: Successive Air Attacks increase in damage, up to 50% extra. Resets when landing.
- Ultimate Damage 1: Increase damage by 15%. Base damage is now 155%.
- Ultimate Damage 2: Increase damage by 15%. Base damage is now 170%.
- Webbed Focus: Increased Focus gained by attacking webbed up enemies.
- Double Focus: Add an additional Focus Bar. Heal more frequently, or use 2 Focus Bars to perform Finishers on Brute enemies.
- Focused Strike: Focus rewarded by Abilities is increased by 10%.
- Target Acquisition: Enemies detected with R3 Scan are automatically tagged.
- Stealth Focus: Increased Focus gained by performing Stealth Takedowns.
- Triple Focus: Add a third Focus Bar. Increase opportunities for Healing and Finishers.
- Perfect Sight: Slows time just before taking an attack at critical health, giving you a chance to Dodge. Can only be used once per encounter.
- Eyes On Target: Pressing R3 Scan in stealth now shows which other enemies can see your current target.
- Healing Focus: Amount healed by using Focus is increased.
- Aerial Focus: Gain additional Focus when performing Air Attacks.
- Amazing Wings: Glide for longer with the Web Wings.
- Amazing Launch: Add an explosive boost to Point Launch, propelling you further when you press X on landing a Zip To Perch (L2 + R2)
- Acrobat: Point Launch is boosted to maximum power.
- Charged: Charge Jump and Slingshot Launch send you higher and further, respectively.
- Spectacular Swing: Swing speed increased.
- Spectacular Wings: Increased Web Wings turn speed for improved handling.
- All Seeing: Reveal Tech Crates on your minimap.
- Active Spider: Increase the height of Spider-Jump and distance of Spider-Dash.
- Ultimate Wings: Activate Web Wings during a dive to gain a significant speed boost.
- Ultimate Swing: Swing speed upgraded to maximum.
Which Suit Tech should you invest in? Naturally, it depends on your preferred playstyle as well as what difficulty you have selected. Putting points into damage seems like no-brainer but considering how hard certain enemies can hit, increasing your health can be just as effective.
In other words, survivability can outweigh raw damage, and points put into Focus will allow you to use your abilities more frequently, becoming a more technical fighter. Traversal upgrades aren’t all that essential though make zipping through New York City all the more fun.