Well, the domestic season may have drawn to a close, but as we enjoy the sparsity of international fixtures over the summer period, we can at least look enticingly forward to EA’s next annual footy update. It seems that Manager Mode has been completely overhauled, as well as core gameplay refinements being a key part to the nicely numbered release. So without further-adu, a fantastic copy-pasty-jobby:
Here are 13 key facts:
- 360 Dribbling-The first-ever true 360 dribbling system in a football game provides finer dribbling control, enabling players to find spaces between defenders that previously were not possible.
- Skilled Dribbling-All-new animation warping technology provides unprecedented control. Skilled players now have the ability to face a defender and use highly-responsive lateral dribbling to skip past him.
- Freedom in Physical Play-Wider dribble touches and new collision sharing creates a varied, less predictable, and extended fight for possession between the dribbler and a defender.
- Player Urgency-Improved urgency AI logic, with over 50 new movement cycles, delivers more responsive positioning so your players stay focused on the ball and move at a speed appropriate to the action.
- Improved Trapping Intelligence -Players now have a better awareness of where the easiest, most natural trapping position is so they can get the ball on the ground and under control easier and earlier.
- Advanced Positioning -Defenders multi-task and play the pitch more intelligently by covering dangerous spaces left by out-of-position teammates. In attack, players analyze space more effectively, curve their runs to stay onside, create passing lanes and vary attacking options.
- More Accurate Passing -Players better analyze space resulting in pinpoint passes that give their receivers more options and time to outrun defensive pressure.
- Authentic Shooting -Refinements to the shooting system and modifications of the ball physics create a wider, more realistic variety of shots that enhance the exhilaration of scoring.
- Varied Defending Options -Slide Tackle targeting has been enhanced so skilled players have more reach and avoid tackling through the dribbler. Better effort clearance logic gives defenders more options when attempting to get a foot on the ball before an attacker. Effort, such as sliding to block crosses and overhead kick clearances, give defenders more tools to prevent goal-scoring opportunities.
- Refined Goalkeeper Intelligence – numerous improvements mean that goalkeepers now have more urgency and better perception of where to intercept loose balls, resulting in a more responsive and powerful rushing system. New animation warping technology provides game-realistic goalkeeper positioning and momentum, resulting in more varied scoring opportunities.
- Manager Mode Authenticity-More than 50 major improvements were designed to create an authentic experience to mimic the real-world game. Match results are based on team and player strengths and weaknesses. Player transfers are determined by multiple decision points, including club finance and prestige, availability of similar players, and competition from AI-controlled clubs. Player development is more realistic with true-to-life growth curves based on factors such as age and environment.
- Continuous Gameplay- Maintain the atmosphere, pace, and intensity of a match with quick free kicks and referee carding.
- New Practice Arena-Work on individual skills in a fully featured practice mode before stepping on the pitch.