“Grapple a passing plane in flight.” That is what caught my attention while reading a press release we have just received at The Towers. Must be something elite CIA operatives do all the time while on missions on tropical islands about the size of Hong Kong.
All those who pre-order Square Enix’s Just Cause 2, which our Gastos84 described as a “grapple-shoot-fly-drive-’em-up”, will get the downloadable Black Market Chaos Pack consisting of the following five “must-have” items:
- Agency Hovercraft – The ultimate in amphibious transport, the Agency Hovercraft is the most flexible form of transport in the game. Equipped with a turret-mounted grenade launcher, you’re guaranteed to blow your opposition out of the water.
- Rico’s Signature Gun – Customised by the Agency and adapted for Rico’s shooting style, this deadly accurate and powerful pistol has precision, power and flair.
- Bull’s Eye Assault Rifle – More powerful than the standard assault rifle, this lightweight and lethal automatic rifle features increased accuracy and a higher magnification scope.
- Chevalier Classic – No agent should be without a hot set of wheels and with an increased top speed and superior handling, you can arrive at your destination in style or make a guaranteed quick getaway.
- Chaos Parachute – Featuring a skull motif, make an entrance no one will forget … should you leave anyone alive to remember.
In our more mundane physical realm not only will you have the “exclusive” limited edition box but more usefully a fold-out map of the topical island where the game is set. “With over 1000km² of tropical paradise to explore, the included fold-out Panauan Intel Map is an ideal reference tool for navigating around Panau, marking faction leader HQs, recommended BASE jump peaks and much more.”
Just Cause 2 is yet another title currently set for release here in Blighty during March, a very busy looking time for releases, when it will become for both PS3 and 360 on the 26th. So if you fancy a game where you can (maybe) light a beach barbecue using your hovercraft’s turret-mounted grenade launcher when you are not riding the back of Harriers/AV-8Bs as if they were giant sandworms (if the picture on the back of the map is anything to go by) Just Cause 2 might be one to keep an eye on.