Reports are emerging that the latest PlayStation firmware (v3.30) laid the way for remote play via future Vaio Pc’s.
The full list of features is shown below and as you can see will allow you to connect to your PC in new models to be announced this May.
Looking at the Vaio website mentioned below reveals no further details at the moment, but still it’s interesting yeah?
- You can now select [PC] as an option under [Remote Play Settings] > [Register Device]. When you select this option, you will be able to use the remote play feature to operate your PS3 system from future models of the VAIO PC. Details of this feature will be announced on the official VAIO website at vaio.eu/playstation in May 2010.
- [Bitstream (Direct)] and [Bitstream (Mix)] have been added as options under [Video Settings] > [BD Audio Output Format (Optical Digital)].
- 3D stereoscopic games are now supported. At the time of the system software release, there are no 3D stereoscopic games available for the PlayStation 3 system. The release of 3D stereoscopic games will be announced at a later date. If the TV in use supports 3D stereoscopic display, the screen from which you can set the TV size will be displayed when adjusting the video output settings. Follow the on-screen instructions to adjust the settings.
- You can now sort your trophies by the game title or by the date earned.
- Names of trophies that you have not yet earned are now displayed as [Hidden Trophy] instead of [???].