According to rumours this morning, the contents of the first major firmware update for the 3DS (we’re not counting the one that did very little on launch day) have been outed, and although the translation line is a little sketchy (Famitsu -> TheMagicBox -> Nintendo3DSBlog) it does look convincing enough.
The highlight’s the eShop, but the big negative is the lack of the internet browser, which was meant to arrive this month, last time we checked.
- Nintendo eShop
- 3DS Ware – Mega Man Legends 3 Prototype (200 yen), Petitcom (800 yen)
- DSi Ware – The ability to import DSi Ware from DSi to 3DS
- 3D Classic – Classic titles in 3D. Excitebike, Legend of Zelda and Xevious will be available
- Virtual Console GameBoy – Ikari no Yousai, Phantasm
- Virtual Console Game Gear – Sonic & Tails 2, Sonic Drift 2, Dragon Crystal, Columns
- Virtual Console GameBoy Color – Super Mario Land, The Legend of Zelda DX (Demo)
- Virtual Console TurboGrafx-16 – Games TBA
- Demos – 3D Video Player, 3D Game Trailer/Previews Channel, Fuji TV and Nippon TV Previews
Note that the games and demos are for the Japanese market, the stuff we get, if anything, will be completely different. Those 3D Classics – Excitebike, Zelda and Xevious should hopefully appear on European models, though, updated NES favourites with a fresh 3D flavour – lovely.
We’ll see soon enough.