Just before the weekend, Justin Richmond and Robert Cogburn unveiled update 1.11 for Uncharted 3’s splendid multiplayer component. A release date has yet to be set in stone, though players should expect 1.11 before the end of the month.
Heading the latest online patch is the return of The Lab, an experimental multiplayer playlist that will occasionally throw quirky game modes into the mix. Though fairly popular during the reign of Uncharted 2, one can’t help but think that The Lab, though a blast at the time, didn’t really amount to much at the end of the day.
Elimination will also be making its UC3 debut; a team-based mode pitting two squads of five against one another, each player only having a single life to spare. Other changes include:
- Message of the Day returns – a daily message will pop up with news, tips, and other information
- The following custom game settings are now available via a menu in Custom Game mode called “Advanced Settings”
- Respawn Time
- Buddy Spawning toggle
- Health Multiplier – by percentage
- Sprinting toggle
- Weapon Mode (Default, Basic Weapons, Pistols, RPG-7)
- Medal Kickbacks toggle
- Boosters toggle
- Grenade Throw Back toggle
- If you leave a game, disconnect, or turn off your PS3 mid-game, it will be counted as a loss.
- Kill and deaths no longer count towards your career stats in Plunder and Team Objective modes
- The technical hooks to make the Game of the Year edition (EU) work properly with DLC were added
- The Long Ranger Medal can now be earned by achieving 3 kills at 50 meters in a match instead of 3 kills at 70 meters.
- In Team Deathmatch mode the Airstrip and London maps now are listed with “No Intro” variations. If these variations are selected you’ll start those maps with no convoy events.
Even after a slew of impressive downloadable content, it’s great to ND putting an effort behind re-shaping the multiplayer experience many months after the game’s launch last October. Hopefully they’ll eventually get around to sorting out the dreaded treasure system.
Source: Naughty Dog