Tesco have announced their own Android powered tablet with a 1.5GHz quad-core processor, dual-band Wi-Fi and 16GB of memory which can upgraded to 48GB.
The table, named Hudl, has “been designed by Tesco for its 20 million customers and more, focusing on accessibility and convenience.”
Tesco designed and built the tablet from scratch, tailoring it around customer needs and ease of use. Hudl users can enjoy instant access to Tesco’s full range of digital services, all in one place, through a convenient, dedicated launcher button. These include blinkbox movies and TV, music and Clubcard TV (which offers free films and TV programmes exclusively for Clubcard holders), banking and of course shopping for groceries, clothing, homeware and more
A rather neat feature is that when switched on for the first time the tablet will make a number of checks and ask the user if the tablet will be used by children. If it is the passwords will be required for purchases, safe search will be turned on and advice on parental control apps will be given.
Hudl will be available in four colours and will cost £119, it will also be part of the retailers “Clubcard boost” program so some shoppers can pick the device up for less than £100. Hudl goes on sale in around 1000 Tesco stores and online from 30th September and will be backed by a multi-media advertising campaign.
The full tech specs:
- 7” 1440 x 900 HD screen
- Android Jellybean 4.2.2
- 16GB storage which can be expanded to 48GB with microSD cards.
- Quad-core 1.5GHZ processor
- 9 hours video battery life (Conditions may vary dependent on video format and content, audio volume, screen brightness and processor load)
- Micro-HDMI port
- Bluetooth 4.0, GPS
- Dual band Wi-Fi for a more stable connection
- Access to over a million apps via Google Play™
- Comes in 4 colours: black, blue, red, purple
- Sleek, high-quality design, with a durable, matte, soft-touch back for better grip
- Scratch resistant touch screen