Patch 1.0.2 is on the way and with it comes a number of changes to Destiny’s loot system. Since launch, players have been gathering Engrams from the field, taking them back to The Tower where the Cryptarch turns them into weapons and equipment.
It’s a nice feature and one that adds a certain element of surprise to the regular loot haul. However, higher level players have been complaining about the Engram system and how it’s taking them ages just to find the gear they need to get ahead in the game. This exhaustive grind has led many to seek out “loot caves” and other exploits to boost their chances of getting rare items. 1.0.2 is offering the following fixes:
- Legendary Engrams will always produce Legendary or better quality items, including Materials or Exotics
- Rare Engrams will always produce Rare or better quality items
- Rare engrams will have an increased chance to produce Legendary quality items
- Daily Heroics, Weekly Heroics, and Vanguard: Tiger Playlist activities will include Rare and Legendary Engrams in addition to their existing rewards
- Ascendant materials have been promoted to Legendary to closer associate them with the gear they are used to upgrade
- Legendary Engram items that exist in your inventory will be demoted to Rare quality when the patch goes live, so decode them while you can. But let’s be honest–even if you don’t, we all know they were blues already…