Twisted fairy tale Woolfe: The Red Hood Diaries will be kicking ass on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One later this year, after the game has launched on PC.
Red Riding Hood is now armed with an axe and is on a mission to avenge the death of her parents by way of combo-based hack ‘n slash combat. Here are some of the key features:
- A twisted fairy tale story – GRIN’s take on the Red Riding Hood legacy is not an ordinary bedtime story. Four years ago, Red Riding Hood’s father, Joseph, lead engineer for Woolfe Industries, died in a work accident. At least, that’s what his family was told. All grown up, our heroine is ready to unveil the truth and present the bill for her tragic loss.
- A Rich, Visual Experience – Woolfe’s atmospheric artwork lets the player explore a rich fantasy universe centred around a city paralysed with fear and occupied by tin soldiers. Sneak through the slums, descend into the city sewer system, run through the harbour and escape the city into an evil forest, where gravity, wolves and scary fairies are out to get you.
- 2.5D Action-Platforming – The tale’s 2.5D levels combine the simplicity of side scrolling game-play with three-dimensional puzzles.
- Fast, Axe Wielding Combat – Armed with her trusty axe, Red will need to skilfully execute combos to strike at her foes’ weaknesses.
- Deranged Fairytale Enemies – On her journey, Red faces some bloody encounters with “familiar fairytale faces” such as The Pied Piper, tin soldiers, big bad wolves, scary fairies and – of course – her nemesis B.B. Woolfe.
Source: Press release