Carmageddon has an almost mythological status in videogaming circles, and Stainless Games are looking to rekindle the series with Carmageddon: Max Damage. Today’s announcement features a new partnership with Sold Out to help publish the game, but they’ve also revealed that it will be heading to PlayStation 4 and Xbox One on June 3rd.
With Sold Out’s backing, this is a digital and retail release, and will be priced at £29.99 / $39.99 / €39.99. The initial announcement a fortnight ago promised the following features:
- Over 30 cool custom killing machines, each with their own highly distinctive character
- 10 large open environments to explore
- A host of moving targets to hunt down for points, including pedestrians in wheelchairs & mobility scooters, cyclists, bears and aliens
- Career mode with 6 different event types
- Multiplayer with 4 online event types
- Fully featured action replay mode; to relive all the action again from any perspective.
- … with over 90 crazy PowerUps, complex car damage and repair system, blood, laughs and much, much more.
And there’s a handful of new screenshots to pour over:
Source: press release