Fallout 4’s Far Harbor DLC sounds like it did a great job of adding a ton of new content to the game, but this comes at a price on PS4, with some disappointing performance drops. Bethesda have just released an update to try and address this, but it requires deleting and reinstalling the DLC, and is currently only available in North America, with an EU update in the works.
So, here’s what you have to do:
- Confirm Fallout 4 is not running. Highlight Fallout 4 in your PS4 dashboard, press OPTIONS, and select CLOSE APPLICATION to ensure Fallout 4 is not running minimized.
- Select RELATED ITEMS. You’ll find this under the Fallout 4 icon in the PS4 dashboard.
- Select MY ADD-ONS.
- Navigate to the DOWNLOAD ARROW next to Far Harbor and select it.
- You should see a notice that Far Harbor has been Added to Downloads.
- Wait for the downloadable content to finish downloading and installing before starting Fallout 4.
It all sounds a bit too complicated for its own good, but indicates that the issues were down to the assets and content of the DLC, as opposed to being something that could be fixed with an update to the main game.