Sony has announced a partnership with peripheral companies Razer and Nacon to produce pro controllers for the PS4. Both companies have worked closely with Sony to produce the Razer Raiju and the Nacon Revolution, with both releasing later this year. The main design influence has been the eSports scene with the aim to get these controllers in the hands of those who enjoy taking part in various game tournaments.
Both controllers have their own features which can be seen in the lists below.
- Two extra bumpers and two extra detachable triggers
- Built-in control panel on the front of the controller
- Trigger-stop switches and hair trigger mode for ultra-fast trigger responses
- Two custom profiles which you can instantly switch between and modify
- 3.5mm headset jack and dedicated headset volume and mic mute controls
- Detachable analog stick rubber caps which provide extra grip during intense gaming sessions
- Compatibility with all PS4 systems via the braided 3m-long USB cable – detachable for easy storage
- 46° amplitude dual analogue sticks, enhanced with innovative firmware for advanced eSports accuracy and reach
- Four extra shortcut buttons
- Eight-way directional pad
- Four custom profiles – all configurable via the companion PC application, enabling players to: re-map buttons, assign macros to the four shortcut controls and adjust analog and trigger sensitivity
- Two internal compartments with six additional weights – for a tailored balance and feel
- Compatibility with all PS4 systems via the 3m-long secure connection USB cable – detachable for easy storage
Neither has yet had its price revealed but I’d expect to pay a bit of a premium.
Source: PS Blog