Christmas is always a good time for reflection, and as many of us relax on Boxing Day, it seems only right that we take the time to look back over what 2016 has been like in gaming. Sure, we’ve got the Review of the Year series going up at the moment, but a podcast seemed like it fit the bill just as well.
It’s a bumper crop of guests too, as I managed to squeeze in four guests to talk to me about their views on 2016, and pick out some of their biggest games of the year. Tuffcub freed himself from his busy schedule to discuss Here They Lie, while Dom found some time to talk to us about Final Fantasy XV. Dave returned to the podcast to tell us all about his love for Civilization VI, and Jake made his podcast debut to break down Titanfall 2. As for me, I decided to share my views on Uncharted 4, which may not be exactly what you’re expecting to hear.
Alongside all of that we go over some of the biggest topics of the year, like the launch of various VR headsets and the arrival of mid-generation consoles, and, of course, answer a few of your questions. We even address whether or not the podcast is making a full time return, so if you’re a fan, it’s probably worth listening just for that.
- Please send us questions via email to podcasts[at]thesixthaxis.com.
- You can also tweet questions to @TSAPodcast.
This podcast features strong language, jokes in poor taste and adult themes, if you’re offended by that then we recommend that you don’t listen to it at all.
- As usual, you can grab the MP3 file here (right click to download).
- You might want to get it (when the RSS catches us) on the RSS feed, here.
- We’re on iTunes, when iTunes feels like updating. You can also leave us a review and subscribe there, if you want to be particularly lovely.
- We’ve launched ourselves on YouTube, with audio-only videos if that’s easier for you to access.
- Finally, the podcast now appears on Stitcher as well.
Get us on Twitter: