UK Charts 10/06/17 - WipEout Omega Collection Races To The Top

Can we get a completely new Wipeout now, please?

Amidst the chaos of announcements from E3, it’s time to take a little breather and get back to some normality. Pop the kettle on, we’re going to have a look at the UK retail sales chart for last week.

It turns out that Wipeout is still bloody popular round these parts, and despite being a mish-mash remaster of Wipeout from three different consoles, it’s swept into first place. This is actually quite a turnout for the books, as it’s the first Wipeout game to debut at number 1 since the original game on PS1 in 1995!

Last week’s leader, Tekken 7, dropped down to second in the charts, while Dirt 4 rounded out the podium in third. Meanwhile, some hefty discounting on Horizon Zero Dawn brought it all the way up to fourth place.

Here’s the top 20 via UKIE:

LW TW Title Publisher
1 WIPEOUT: OMEGA COLLECTION SONY COMPUTER ENT.
1 2 TEKKEN 7 BANDAI NAMCO ENTERTAINMENT
3 DIRT 4 CODEMASTERS
8 4 HORIZON ZERO DAWN SONY COMPUTER ENT.
4 5 GRAND THEFT AUTO V ROCKSTAR
17 DOOM BETHESDA SOFTWORKS
18 FALLOUT 4 BETHESDA SOFTWORKS
15 19 THE LEGEND OF ZELDA: BREATH OF THE WILD NINTENDO
14 20 GEARS OF WAR 4 MICROSOFT
  1. lambchop
    Since: Aug 2013

I really enjoyed playing this over the weekend. I even did a bit of multipayer!!
    I was crap in mul;tiplayer…

Comment posted on 12/06/2017 at 11:35.
  2. tactical20

Wipeout is great. It’s hard, but still so much fun. My only complaint would be the soundtrack. I love d&b and think it fits the game perfectly, but there’s just not enough tunes.

Comment posted on 12/06/2017 at 12:30.
    • camdaz

I thought you could play your own tunes in PS4 while gaming?

Comment posted on 12/06/2017 at 13:24.
      • lewis815
        Since: Mar 2009

As far as I’m aware there’s no way to import songs to the game in the same way the PS3 could. Which is an issue for me as I enjoyed the special effects the game would mix in to the songs when playing which adds to the experience.

Comment posted on 12/06/2017 at 15:10.
      • beeje13
        Since: Jan 2010

Yes, Spotify and then you can find the playlist from the older games on there.

Or you can put your music on usb storage and play it that way.

The game automatically detects this and disables in game music (not all games do this unfortunately).

Comment posted on 12/06/2017 at 16:27.
      • beeje13
        Since: Jan 2010

Sorry for double post but I can confirm that your own music works wit the visual effects, e.g. graphic equaliser in zone mode.

Comment posted on 12/06/2017 at 16:28.
      • double-o-dave
        Since: Nov 2008

Cool. Haven’t tried my Spotify playlists yet.

Comment posted on 12/06/2017 at 17:06.
      • RFC2007
        Since: Sep 2009

I’m the exact same as you lewis815. I’m a big fan of Trance and Techno, and loved adding my own playlists to the game. Loved that the High/Low pass filter FX were applied to your own tracks too when you hit some air.

This is the only thing that’s missing for me, otherwise its absolutely brilliant!

Comment posted on 12/06/2017 at 17:11.
  3. kjkg
    Since: Apr 2010

Yup, bought it and it is fantastic. Going to be a challenge though, my reactions aren’t what they used to be.

Comment posted on 12/06/2017 at 12:48.
  4. double-o-dave
    Since: Nov 2008

Enjoying Wipeout. Lets hope Sony announce a new Wipeout in their E3 conference thing.

Comment posted on 12/06/2017 at 14:00.
  5. ron_mcphatty
    Since: Sep 2008

I’m also enjoying a bit of Wipeout, apart from looking better it’s feels amazing playing with a DS4. I wonder if it’s success could possibly, maybe, eventually lead to Studio Liverpool reforming?

Comment posted on 12/06/2017 at 17:40.