There’s a lot of gaming news this week so here is an unscheduled, bonus edition of News Snatch. We shall dispense with the usual waffle and dive straight in with a trailer for Etrian Odyssey V: Beyond the Myth with is coming to 3DS this Autumn. It’s the 10-year anniversary of the Etrian series and the game will come with a 24-Page Art Book full of character art and concept sketches by the illustrious Yuji Himukai
British indie-folk band Daughter are to supply tunes for the soundtrack to Life Is Strange: Before the Storm and you can pick up the original music score entitled “Music From Before The Storm”, released via Glassnote Records/4AD, on September 1st.
It’s behind the scenes sports day here at News Snatch, here’s a look at Nick Mullins and Ben Kay, the official commentators for the English leagues, doing some work for Rugby 18.
Meanwhile on the other side of the pond EA have released a behind the scenes look at the art of NBA 2K18.
The first free pack of downloadable content for 88 Heroes is available for PC, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One, and it includes some familiar faces from the world of indie games.
- The M@ge (from Brut@l)- can fire magical blasts out of his cane; tap Action button for small blast, press harder for bigger (big blasts can destroy scenery)
- Dex (from A Pixel Story) – pressing the Action button drops his teleporting hat; pressing the Action button again teleports Dex to the location where the hat was dropped
- Rusty (from SteamWorld Dig) – can use his pickaxe to kill enemies and, more importantly, dig through the scenery in all four directions
- Gunborg (from Zombie Vikings) – very large character, can use massive sword to kill enemies and smash walls; when she gets hit, her body collapses but her head starts bouncing and can still be controlled
- The Conga Masters (from Conga Master) – immune to enemy attacks; touching enemies adds them to your conga line
- Vamp Girl (from I Want To Be Human) – can double jump and use her shotgun to kill enemies
- Eyas (from The Land of Eyas) – press the Action button to reverse gravity and walk on the ceiling
- The Ninja (from Ninja Shodown) – moves quickly, can cling to and climb up/down walls; uses katana blade to attack enemies
Ubisoft Stockholm is this latest addition to the ever growing Ubisoft family and the new studio is headed up be a familiar name, Patrick Bach, formerly of EA DICE who are based in the same city.
“I am thrilled to be joining the Ubisoft family, where I feel I will be able to use my experience in the game industry in a new and different way. My goal has always been to create the best possible gaming experiences for players. When talking to Ubisoft about what we value most, it was clear that we share the same passion for nurturing teams’ creativity with that goal in mind” said Patrick.
Metroid: Samus Returns and Super Mario Odyssey will both be at Gamescom with producers Yoshio Sakamoto and Yoshiaki Koizumi taking to the floor to discuss the games.
Here’s a novel way to sell video games, a 1960’s style comedy and young nazis who like chocolate, courtesy of Wolfenstein 2: The New Colossus.
A new form of Lycanroc will be available in Pokémon Sun and Pokémon Moon and that is Dusk Form. “The colors of Dusk Form Lycanroc’s body and eyes differ from those of previously discovered Lycanroc, Midday Form and Midnight Form,” say Nintendo.
And finally, there is a mod that turns Geralt in to Tony Hawk in the PC version of The Witcher 3.
***BONUS IMPROBABLE BOOBS*** from Nights of Azure 2