Destiny 2’s Curse of Osiris expansion may have only been revealed during Paris Games Week, but the guys over at VG247 found the time to sit down with Bungie as they watched a presentation detailing some of the things players can look forward to when the expansion drops on all platforms on December 5th.
The presentation lasted about eleven minutes, and here’s what you can expect:
• The DLC will simultaneously release PS4, Xbox One and PC on December 5th.
• You’re going to be exploring Mercury, with new Quests, Missions, Adventures, a Strike and new Raid content.
• Social space The Lighthouse, previously only accessible to players who achieved a flawless victory in Trials of Osiris, will be open to everyone.
• Character level will go up to 25 and Power Levels will climb to 330.
• In terms of story, Ikora Rey sends you to Mercury to find the exiled Warlock Osiris. You’ll be taking on the Vex and there are four main characters featured in Curse of Osiris. Osiris himself is central to all of this, obviously, but it also introduces Sagira, his ghost. She’ll be guiding you through Curse of Osiris and it’s the first time you speak to another ghost in Destiny. She’s voiced by Morena Baccarin, Firefly fans.
• Brother Vance from original Destiny will also return, unsurprisingly, as he was the NPC for Trials of Osiris.
• One of the Mercury locations is the Infinite Forest, a simulated reality controlled by the Vex. Expect a lot of Vex backstory in Curse of Osiris.
• Wormhaven is the PlayStation exclusive multiplayer map.
In addition to all this information, Bungie also revealed that it will broadcast livestreams on Twitch to show off more of Curse of Osiris during November ahead of the expansion’s December 5th release.
Don’t forget that Destiny 2 is currently down for maintenance and will be back online later this evening.