It’s no secret that PUBG’s performance has been pretty shonky on Xbox One and Xbox One X, and after ten fairly rapid fire updates, the PUBG team decided that they needed to take a moment and consider where to go from here.
We saw the plan laid out in the Xbox One spring roadmap a couple weeks ago, and now the first fruits of that are here to see with the release of Patch 11, which really focusses on improving performance.
As a nice aside, to celebrate passing 5 million sales on Xbox One, anyone that owns the game right now will be getting a green varsity jacket to wear in game. It has a big number 5 on it. I wonder what they have planned for 10 million Xbox players?
Here’s the patch notes:
Performance / Optimization / Stability
- Implemented texture changes to improve graphical performance
- Optimized vehicle profiles to improve framerate
- Additional fixes to reduce crashes
- The layout of the inventory has been improved, adding focal points to identify selected areas, a clearer button guide and tooltips
- Improved selection of weapon slots and attachments – players can change the focus and selection by using the D-Pad
- Quick scrolling has been added by using LT/RT buttons
- A counter has been added to show the number of players remaining on the airplane
- Reminder to the community that the Varsity Jacket (also known as the PUBG5 jacket) announced last week will be rewarded to players after March 22nd12:01AM. Look for it in your in-game inventory from March 22nd, inside the customization tab of the menu.
- Fixed issue that caused players to hear footsteps when no other players were in the vicinity
- Fixed an issue that prevented the blue zone from being displayed correctly
Next stop Miramar?