The game isn’t even really “out” yet, but The Division 2 has received its third update this morning, coming alongside a few hours of server maintenance. Of course, the game actually is in the hands of players willing to pony up for special editions of the game to get early access, but the full release is tomorrow, 15th March.
We’ve been playing the game over the last couple of days and had some early thoughts on how it’s shaped up in our The Division 2 Review in Progress.
The servers should be back up and running by now, and here’s what the update – labelled 1.03 on PS4 and weighing in at a little under 600mb – has done:
- We removed a work in progress weapon that was not properly named and balanced.
- Crossbows now deal explosive damage to multiple objects as intended
- Exotic weapons equipped with silencers will now produce the sound they’re intended to make.
- NPCs engaged in combat will now react to grenades as intended.
- The ropes will now deploy properly to allow for extraction at the end of the Beekeeper Jeff side mission.
- Players should no longer be able to unlock Castle prematurely. This issue would block progression in some instances.
- Fixed a loot exploit that involved repeatedly killing bosses in some Invaded missions.
- In Jefferson Plaza, the NPC scene can no longer be interrupted during a boss fight.
- PC players playing together while connected to the same network were meeting a number of issues when interacting with each other. This has now been fixed.
- On PC, FreeSync 2 HDR can now properly be selected in game regardless of your PC’s configuration.
- Stopped “SHD CPU V.2” and “Cyclone Magazine” skill mods from dropping as loot. Player’s who already have the items can use them once they unlock the corresponding specialization perk.
- Players will no longer get stuck on black screens after watching introduction cinematics.
- We have updated XP rewards for all end game activities, so that they will scale to the player’s level, instead of being flat values.
- Several corrupted audio issues have been fixed.
They also note some issues where fixes are in progress and have advice to help mitigate or avoid the issues:
World Tier 3 to 4 progression block
- Avoid doing Strongholds that progress you in the next World Tier with players that are on different World Tiers.
- The workaround that MIGHT work: Group up with someone that is on the same World Tier and about to progress into the next. Keep in mind, that all in the group also have the correct Gear Score. A fix is in progress.
There is a Weapon Skin Bug
- When you sell a weapon with a weapon skin attached to it, that weapon skin can be lost. They are working on a fix. Deconstructing weapons with a Weapon Skin attached does not cause the skin to be lost. When that happened, use the buy-back weapon or contact Ubi-Support, when you lost a skin that you bought with your own money.