Codemasters have released a new patch for F1 2019 which includes 2019 Car Performance Updates along with some improvements to the U and performance improvements in wet weather. I’m not sure if that means the cars perform better in the rain or the game does, sorry, F1 really isn’t my thing despite my brother working for Renault F1 and trying to teach me stuff.
Here are the notes:
In this patch the performance order of the teams has been rebalanced to better replicate the F1 Season and how it has evolved since preseason testing. This update affects both the car handling of your car and the performance of the AI cars. Individual team handling traits have been tailored to be more representative of their real-life counterparts, with updated aerodynamics achieving a performance improvement of between 1 – 1.5 seconds per lap, mainly in higher cornering speed, and vehicle performance has been updated to give a more accurate assessment of each car’s strengths and weaknesses. The other update that you’ve been asking us a lot about is F2 in multiplayer, this will be available in Unranked Multiplayer and LAN game in patch 1.05.
- 2019 season performance updates
- F2 is now available in Unranked Multiplayer and LAN
- AI performance has been improved in wet weather for both F1 and F2 vehicle classes
- Improvements to AI blocking behaviour
- In photo mode changing shutter speed will no longer make the screen go black
- Fanatec wheels will no longer send strong force feedback turning the wheel to the right on race starts
- Rain / ERS charging lights now work on PS4 Pro
- First Ten Down (Complete 10 races online) achievement will now unlock correctly
- Stopped graphical glitches occurring and getting more frequent during long play sessions
Codemasters say they are also working on future updates including the following:
- Paul Ricard Pit Lane Update – July/August
- Visual Car Updates – August.
- F2 2019 Season – September