The DayZ Experimental Client for PC players has been updated with a new patch so eager beavers can test out new features for the game including the Mlock-91 pistol and Food Poisoning. Have suffered a nasty bought the latter just last weekend I’m wondering if the DayZ version will be as explosive as my experience.
Here are the notes:
- It is highly recommended to use the Steam client option to verify the integrity of the local game cache to avoid corrupted data and control issues after downloading this update.
- Consider de-fragmenting your HDD after downloading large updates.
- In case of problems, please check the Bohemia Interactive support F.A.Q., DayZ F.A.Q., or BattlEye F.A.Q.
- You can help us to further improve the game by posting your feedback on the Feedback Tracker.
- Added: New pistol Mlock-91 with attachments
- Added: New pistol MKII with magazine
- Added: New rifle KAS-74U with attachments
- Added: Vaulting and Climbing enable players to pass obstacles up to 2,30 meters high (exception for base fences, gates and watchtowers)
- Added: .22 LR Rounds
- Added: Tutorial screens in the main menu
- Added: VoN whisper/talk/shout voice levels
- Added: Infected are attracted by talking players
- Added: Food Poisoning
- Fixed: Items can be thrown through windows
- Fixed: Patrol pants couldn’t be wrung outFixed: IV Saline Bag and IV Blood Bag didn’t have any effect
- Fixed: The consequences of giving blood of an incompatible blood type were applied to the applying person instead to target
- Changed: Ambient loot can now also spawn in “rotten” and “dried” states
- Changed: The saline bag is faster to apply and now increases the blood replenishment (visualized through the medication (pill) indicator)
- Changed: Giving the wrong type of blood can now cause the character to go unconscious and trigger a hemolytic transfusion reaction
- Changed: The hemolytic transfusion reaction is faster and more severe
- Tweaked: Bullet damage is reduced with longer bullet travel time
- Tweaked: Lowered the regeneration rate of the character health
- Tweaked: Adjusted the injured stance thresholds to allow more mobility at lower character health values
- Tweaked: Increased the amount of blood lost from bleeding sources
- Tweaked: Quantity in UI is now hidden for the Saline Bag, IV Saline Bag, Epinephrine and Morphine (single-use items)
- Tweaked: Reduced damage and shock value received from infected
- Tweaked: Slightly increased chance for a bleeding source from an infected attack
- Tweaked: Lowered the damage of the players fists to health and shock
- Tweaked: Drinking from wells and ponds should no longer get the player replenished so fast
- Tweaked: Global lighting config has been adjusted: overall brightness during day, less prominent shadows during clear days, less blue in shadows
- Added: A script function Entity::MoveInTime
- Added: A script callback Object::OnPhysicsCreate
- Added: A model (p3d) property “canClimb” to enable climbing the model (default is 1, 0 is disabled).
- Added: A method to detect night using GetGame().GetWorld().IsNight() (returns true when the sun is below the horizon)
- Added: Hidden selections for the LAR to allow re-texturing
- Added: Hidden selections for the wooden crate to allow re-texturing
- Added: Possibility to disable the resizing of the inventory bbox view via a new config parameter “enlargeInventoryView”
- Changed: HumanCommandMelee::IsOnBack and HumanCommandMelee2::IsOnBack (preferred) are now accessible from the script API
- Changed: MakeDirectory has been made available in script API
- Fixed: A null pointer in ‘SlotToAnimType’
- Optimized: Command start/finish events
- Added: Priority queuing for the login queue
- Fixed: Server config related issues weren’t logged in the rpt and crash files
- Fixed: A crash occurring when an infected was updated without valid network object
- Fixed: A server crash caused by a player disconnecting after an item was thrown
- Fixed: A server error caused by a player committing suicide being simultaneously killed by another player
- Fixed: A server error when entering and exiting vehicles