Update: The leaks were right! Overwatch is coming to Nintendo Switch on 15th October! And it has motion controlled aiming!
The original post is below:
It appears one of the big announcements from tonight’s Nintendo Direct has leaked a little early with multiple sources confirming that Overwatch is coming to Nintendo Switch. A week ago a list of games and release dates from what appeared to be a French retailer was posted on he internet and so far all them have been correct and confirmed. The Switch version of Overwatch is dated for October 18th.
This list is pretty much looking legit now (as Plants vs. Zombies: Battle for Neighborville is now confirmed for October 18)
So Overwatch is indeed coming to Switch pic.twitter.com/qDXrrFpU6p
— AllGamesDelta (@AllGamesDelta_) September 4, 2019
Earlier this year an official Overwatch case for Nintendo Switch was revealed and now Kotaku have confirmed that game is indeed coming to Nintendo and will be out next month.
Overwatch is getting rather long in the tooth as it launched on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC way back in 2016, but it remains very popular despite competition from free-to-play titles like Apex Legends and Fortnite.
Last month Blizzard confirmed that the latest Hero, or in this case villain, Sigma had arrived in Overwatch after a spell on the public test realm on PC. Sigma is a Dutch physicist who aims to control gravity and that means his powers all revolve around controlling the force that keeps the rest of us grounded. Sigma is a tank character who is aligned with Talon. You can check out his abilities after watching Sigma in action in the trailer below.
Sigma’s abilities are as follows:
- Hyper Spheres — Sigma launches two gravitic charges, which implode after a short duration, dealing significant damage in an area.
- Experimental Barrier — Sigma propels a floating barrier to a location of his choosing. He can recall the barrier at any time.
- Kinetic Grasp — Sigma stops incoming projectiles in midair, converting them into shields.
- Accretion — Sigma gathers a mass of debris and flings it at an enemy to knock them down.
- Gravitic Flux (Ultimate) — Sigma manipulates gravity to lift nearby enemies into the air and slam them back down.