Invector was released on PlayStation 4 back in December 2017 before the untimely death of the superstar DJ producer, and now the game is now going multi-platform at coming to Switch, PC, and Xbox One. The new version, AVICII Invector, has a new level, new songs, a new interface and UI, plus loads of extra tweaks, and those who already own the PS4 version will get a free update.
Created and developed by Hello There Games AVICII Invector is a rhythm action game in which you play as space pilot Stella racing across landscapes while twenty five Avcii tunes thump out of the speakers.
“AVICII Invector celebrates AVICII’s life and music by immersing players inside the pulsing rhythms, evocative lyrics, and beautiful melodies he created,” said Leo Zullo, Managing Director of Wired Productions. “He was an amazing talent, and as an advocate for mental health, I hope and believe this project will bring Tim Bergling’s wonderful spirit to a world that can benefit from it.”
A portion of the sales from the game will go directly to The Tim Bergling Foundation, which advocates for the recognition of suicide as a global health emergency and promotes removing the stigma attached to the discussion of mental health issues.
Here are those ever so important key features:
- Experience AVICII’s Music: 25 hit songs from the EDM superstar
- Be the DJ: Custom, on-the-note, level-designed tracks to play
- New Look and Experience: New visual look and additional content
- Additional Platforms: First time on Xbox One, Switch, and PC, plus new content on PS4
- Play it Your Way: Three difficulties on every level.
- Explore New Worlds: Six different in-game worlds including a brand-new world
- Play with Friends: Solo play or with friends in split screen action.
- Immersive Story: Emerges through cutscenes with voice acting
Anything with local split screen is worth a look in my book, and you can’t deny that Avicii had some proper bangers.
Source: Press release