In 2018 superstar DJ AVICII passed away. Prior to his unexpected death the Swedish DJ had been working on a musical rhythm action title with Hello There Games. AVICII Invector originally released for PS4 last year but now the game is going multiplatform with the Xbox One and PC versions arriving on December 10th. The Switch version is expected in Spring 2020. The PS4 version is getting a re-release on the same day with those who already own AVICII Invector getting new songs, a new world, improved UI and other enhancements in an update.
The features for AVICII Invector include:
- Experience AVICII’s Music: 25 hit songs from the EDM superstar, with five new tracks including ,Heaven, Tough Love and Fades Away from his posthumous album, TIM
- Be the DJ: Custom, on-the-note, level-designed tracks to play
- New Look and Experience: New visual look and additional content
- Additional Platforms: First time on Xbox One, Switch and PC, plus new content on PS4
- Play it Your Way: Three difficulties on every level
- Explore New Worlds: Six different in-game worlds including a brand-new world
- Play with Friends: Solo play or with friends in split screen action
- Immersive Story: Emerges through cutscenes with voice acting
The gameplay is essentially a rhythm racer where you move through different landscapes while hitting notes in time to the music across three difficulties. AVICII Invector does feature local co-op as well.
Source: Press Release