UPDATE: The map is now live and update 1.06 is available for consoles, more here!.
Bohemia Interactive has released a new update for its hugely popular sandbox survival game, DayZ. Experimental update 1.06 is now available for those who own the PC version and can be accessed via the game’s launcher, giving fans a sneak peek of the new content and gameplay changes the team has been working on (similar to test servers for other online titles).
There’s no word on when a stable version of 1.06 will become available or when this will jump over to the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One versions of DayZ. Bohemia Interactive posted a list of new features available in this update with full patch notes to follow soon:
- It is highly recommended to use the Steam client option to verify the integrity of the local game cache to avoid corrupted data and control issues after downloading this update.
- Consider de-fragmenting your HDD after downloading large updates.
- In case of problems, please check the Bohemia Interactive support F.A.Q., DayZ F.A.Q., or BattlEye F.A.Q.
- You can help us to further improve the game by posting your feedback on the Feedback Tracker.
GAME Update 1.06.152767 (13.11.2019)
- Added: Vaiga Shotgun with attachments
- Added: Blaze rifle
- Added: BK-43 with sawed-off version
- Added: Kolt 1911 with magazine
- Added: Magazine variants for existing weapons (drum mags, high capacity mags, etc.)
- Added: Bear
- Added: Fishing
- Added: Item attachments can now be damaged
- Added: Ability to harvest sticks from bushes with bare hands
- Added: Ability to break long-sticks into small sticks with bare hands
- Added: Cars have now a chance to spawn with a certain amount of fuel
- Added: Distinguished colour when swapping in the inventory where the target item will have a different location than the source item
- Added: Throwing in crouched and prone stance
- Added: Items are spawning in greenhouses
- Added: Ejecting rounds from firearms
- Added: GUI visualization of reserved attachments
- Added: isDigable and isFertile parameters for config class CfgSurfaces (See the documentation for more information)
- Added: ScriptAPI: array.resize, array.sort
- Added: Ability to control the base height for the height-based fog using volFogOffset parameter into CfgWorlds (value is in meters)
- Added: Ability to utilize the OnBeforeChange functionality for the weather events, on custom terrains (see the constructor of the MissionBase class for more info)
- Added: swayModifier to weapon
- Added: Support for cURL headers
- Added: Sending ChatMessageEvent when a chat message is received on server – https://feedback.bistudio.com/T143957
- Fixed: Round models linked in config for weapons (spawn rounds when ejected from weapon, used for proxy bullets)
- Fixed: Default buttons looked incorrect in specific resolutions – https://feedback.bistudio.com/T144856
- Changed: Refactoring of unused singleton
- Changed: m_WeaponSwayModifier in DayZPlayerCameraIronsights.c to make sway difference between cameras less significant (easier to fine-tune)
- Changed: The environment temperature definition has been moved from configs (cfgworlds weather class) into the appropriate script worlddata classes (see 4_World\Classes\Worlds)
- The Sarka 120, Gunther 2, and Bear are currently not spawning.
Survivors are particularly keen for 1.06 as it is due to launch alongside Livonia, a new map being added to DayZ. Here’s a brief description:
The Livonia region brings a fresh new experience to the post-apocalyptic world of DayZ. With vast green landscapes, dense expansive forests, serene lakes, and winding rivers, the 163km2 Livonia map offers the perfect backdrop for any survivor lost in the wild.
We reviewed DayZ when it finally launched on PlayStation 4 earlier this year and, well, we weren’t too pleased. Still, we’ll be jumping back into the game to explore Livonia when the new map arrives.
Source: DayZ forums