PUBG Corp has revealed some new content for PlayUnknown’s Battlegrounds season 6 with a brand new map making its way to the battle royale title. Karakin will arrive in update 6.1 adding a smaller arena which means people will get into the action a lot quicker. Karakin will have breach points for buildings, underground tunnels, bullet penetration of walls in certain places. There’s also the Black Zone where buildings will be targetted by missiles and destroyed, forcing players to go out in the open. Then you have the new motor glider vehicle which seats two people, and there will be 10 of these available across the map and you’ll need to find fuel before using them,
Due to the impact a new map could have on queue times Vikendi will be cycled out temporarily to allow for Karakin to be featured. Update 6.1 is currently on the test server for players to try out.
The patch notes of update 6.1 can be read below.
PUBG Season 6 update 6.1 patch notes
Firing mode change improvement
- Added an option to gameplay settings which allows you to set a second firing mode preference for AR and SMG weapons which have 3 firing modes (Single, Burst, Auto).
- This will allow you to have burst fire weapons be set to single shot upon equip, while also having other weapons in that category still be automatically set to auto.
- Selecting auto as first and single as second preference will have weapons without auto fire be automatically set to single fire.
- AS, KR/JP, SEA, EU, RU
- Replaced Vikendi with the new map, Karakin (Vikendi will still be playable in Custom Matches)
Featured Map & Random Map
- Featured Map: Karakin
- Random Map: Erangel, Miramar, Sanhok
- The Featured Map option may be disabled and Karakin added to the Random Map pool if players experience issues with long matchmaking times.
- Vikendi is now unavailable in public matches and only available through custom matches.
All Random Maps
- OC, LATAM
- Replaced Vikendi with the new map, Karakin. Vikendi will still be playable in custom games.
- There is an equal chance to play on each map.
- PUBG ID will now be shown on the end of match screen and while spectating players
- Added ‘PASS’ button to the main menu
- You can view Survivor Pass by clicking it
- The replay system has been updated. Replay files from previous updates are now unavailable for use
Gun Handling Sounds Improvement
- Improved reload and weapon switching sound effects
- Modified reload sounds to be more realistic, through adding audible player interaction with the reload operation.
Sound segmentation related to the mechanical properties weapons during aiming/scoping
- In Aiming/Scoping, the degree of trembling sounds related to weapon attachments details varies depending on the type of weapon.
- Sounds are divided into two, Handgun and non-handgun, and handgun has less trembling or no attachment detailed sounds compared to non-handguns.
Vaulting Sounds Improvement
- Improved detailed expressions on objects such as hand-to-body contact, collar-to-shoulder squeaks, etc. during vaulting
- When vaulting, sound outputs correct material sounds (Concrete, Metal, Wood)
- Further lowered the volume of wind sound effect in the moonlight
World Origin Shift
- Optimized the world location calculating process to reduce occurrence of hitching.
Skins & Items
The following items will be added to the Store after Update #6.1 hits live servers:
- Added 5 Golden Dragon skins
- Added 4 Golden Phoenix skins
- Added 9 Seollal skins
- Fixed an issue where camera view is located incorrectly when changing seat to driver’s seat during ADS
- Fixed an issue where M249 iron sight was displayed incorrectly
- Fixed an issue where hold option for prone isn’t working correctly
- Fixed an issue where the character’s overhead UI isn’t aligned with the character model
- Fixed an issue where incorrect UI would be exposed after pressing certain keys
- Fixed an issue where the helmet equipped on Customize is visible on the character’s head on PUBG ID
- Fixed an issue where the weapon crosshair was exposed overlapped when moving to the next round in war mode while holding a weapon
Fixed an issue where red dot sight was not included in the war mode support spawn kit
- Fixed an issue where the ambient noise is louder than intended in certain weather types on Vikendi.
Skins & Items
- Fixed an issue where Tommy Gun skin texture is displayed incorrectly
Fixed an issue where the lower body would be displayed incorrectly when putting on certain PGI skins on a male character
Source: PUBG Corp