Back in October 2019 Sony rather abruptly removed Facebook integration from PlayStation 4 and with it the feature that changed your PSN image to your Facebook profile picture. Sony apologised “for any inconvenience” but did not explain the reason for the decision.
My PSN image is still a picture of myself looking quite evil and a number of people have contacted me asking how this is still possible. A scan through my friends list reveals that 99% of my PSN chums have reverted back to pictures of Nathan Drake, the Motorstorm logo, Astro-bot, and even a Warhawk ship. This is because everyone reverted back to their PlayStation avatar after Facebook integration was removed by Sony.
But why limit yourself to PlayStation icons when you can have anything you want as your image? Well, almost anything, I suspect if you start putting boobs and willies all over the PSN you will get reported quite quickly, but why not perform some top tier trolling by changing your profile to a picture of Nintendo poster boy, Mario!
Ta-dah! There he is in all his smug, annoying glory!
Changing your image is simple:
- Load up the PlayStation App on your phone
- Tap on the small icon of a person in the bottom right corner to access your profile.
- You will now be asked to re-enter your password. Do this.
- Tap ‘Edit Profile’ and then select “Change Profile Picture”.
- You will now be able to access the stored images on your phone, pick any photo you want, or head off to the internet, download a picture of Sharon from Eastenders and then select that from your phone’s gallery.
- Job done! You now have Sharon as your new profile picture!
It is as simple as that. Why not show your brand loyalty by swapping over to the recently revealed PlayStation 5 logo?