Infinity Ward has pushed out a hotfix for Call of Duty: Modern Warfare which has seen some weapons get nerfed. That includes not being able to shoot down support helos with three thermite arrows with the crossbow. Now you need six. The MP5 and M4 have also had some changes making them a bit less dangerous, while the M13 has had an increase in range and damage.
Full notes below.
- MP5: Reduced headshot multiplier, Small reduction to 10mm range
- M4: Small damage decrease to reduce headshot effectiveness, Small range decrease
- M13: Range increase, Small reduction to horizontal recoil, Small damage increase to boost headshot effectiveness
Crossbow: Players are able to shoot down an enemy Support Helo with only 3 Thermite Bolts. This has been adjusted; 5 to take down a VTOL and 6 to take down a Support Helo and Chopper Gunner
Fix for an exploit in Ground War via ATV
- Fix for missing character model on the LA OpTic CDL skin
Shipment: Spawn tuning to reduce the frequency of instant deaths and spawn traps. Adjustments to spawn positions around the edge of the map for all modes. New spawn logic for Domination.
- When using keyboard and mouse, a controller button prompt will appear to access the Social Menu while matchmaking. On PC with a PS4 controller, the button prompt will appear as an Xbox prompt. This has been fixed
In our review for Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Jim wrote:
Infinity Ward was never going to recapture the magic of the original Modern Warfare, but this is still their most memorable Call of Duty game of the past decade. This is a bold new spin that’s uneven in places, but proves there is still room for innovation within that core template.
You can read the full review here.