Focus Home Interactive has released an overview trailer for Passtech’s action-adventure game Curse of the Dead Gods, which is going to be released via Steam Early Access on March 3rd. The footage goes over the combat styles players can use with each weapon having its own bonuses and attributes that can damage enemies in different ways. Then there is a look at the temple setting in which you are seeking riches. Players can also sacrifice blood or riches to get more powerful artifacts to use to navigate the temple and fight.
According to the blurb this is what to expect:
You seek untold riches, eternal life, divine powers – it leads to this accursed temple, a seemingly-infinite labyrinth of bottomless pits, deadly traps, and monsters. Collect mystical Relics and an arsenal of weapons to make yourself unstoppable. Battle through hordes of enemies in dark, cavernous passages filled with traps and secrets of all sorts – fire-spewing statues, explosives, hidden spikes, and worse. Corruption builds in you with every step – encourage or ignore it, but each powerful curse can be a double-edged sword. Your greed will lead you to death, but that is not an escape. Rise to fight again. Delve deeper again. Defy the malignant deities that linger in this place.
- A skill-based roguelike exploring a cruel, dark temple made of endless rooms and corridors
- Swords, spears, bows, guns – wield these and many more
- Light and fire will be your best allies to overcome the threats that lie in the shadows
- Unique curses influence each attempt, putting a twist on every action
- Dozens of enemies, with powerful champions and deadly bosses to face off against
Curse of the Dead Gods is going to be one of those games where you need to learn from your mistakes and slowly get stronger.