A bunch of new details for Capcom’s remake of Resident Evil 3 have been released along with some hands on videos, one of which from Dengeki can be viewed in 4K below.
The PlayStation Blog has also listed some of the key features of the game..
- The RE3 remake dramatically reinvents the sprawling streets of Raccoon City – this is much grander than a one-to-one remaster. Expect larger areas and some reimagined sequences that dwarf those in the original game.
- New shops and locations flesh out the collapsing city, including an expanded subway station, new labyrinthine sewer section, and a richly detailed donut shop.
- City streets are wider and more open, unlike the relatively narrow corridors of the 1999 original. More room to dodge enemies!
- Jill has a new evade move (R1 + left stick) that lets you dodge lunging zombies and other foes. It works a bit like a parry, and is much easier to execute than in the 1999 original. She can also perform a Perfect Dodge by precisely pressing X while in an enemy’s clutches. Success scores you a slow-motion counter window to open fire.
- Jill’s knife doesn’t degrade like the blades of RE2 remake, and it’s no longer used as a self-defense item.
- Outwit your enemies with environmental traps. Blast red barrels to topple groups of zombies, and shoot electrical boxes to stun nearby threats.
- Jill, a known Master of Unlocking, can eventually pick numerous yellow padlocks scattered around the environment. This gives you more reason to canvas areas you’ve already explored as you hunt for extra supplies.
- Nemesis is bigger, stronger, and more persistent than ever. The brutish bio-weapon packs a heavy punch, ensnares Jill with a tentacle grab, and can cut off her escape routes with a flying leap.
- Nemesis drops valuable supply cases when you (temporarily) defeat him. Nab these for high-powered ammo and coveted weapon upgrades…
- Similar to the RE2 remake, there are numerous weapon mods to find.
- The Hunter Gamma lurks within the bowels of Raccoon City.
- The skittering, bug-like Drain Deimos creatures return, and can now inject Jill with an unsettling status effect.
- Activate Assist Mode for regenerating health, weaker enemies, more ammo, and a powerful assault rifle (similar to the 1999 original’s Easy Mode).
There will also be a demo of the game, details will be announced very soon.
It was written in the STARS… 💫
A Resident Evil 3 Demo is on the way. We'll have more details in the near future! pic.twitter.com/wqN2AwI3pH
— Resident Evil (@RE_Games) February 25, 2020