One of the most quotable lines from Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace. If things had been different maybe Anakin would have been a champion racer when he grew up instead of Darth Vader but that’s not what happened. However, you’ll soon be able to relive the podracing glory days as it has been announced that Star Wars Episode I Racer is getting a re-release on PS4 and Switch soon.
Being reworked by Aspyr to include modern controls Star Wars Episode I Racer will let you experience the title in all of its glory. The features include:
- 25 playable racers including: Anakin Skywalker, Sebulba, and Ratts Tyerell
- Race tracks spanning 8 unique worlds including: Tatooine, Baroonda, and Malastare
- Work with pit droids to upgrade your podracer for higher top speeds and acceleration
- Discover short-cuts and secrets to master your lap times
- Split-screen multiplayer (Nintendo Switch and PlayStation 4) and LAN multiplayer (Nintendo Switch)
If that does not fill your need for classic Star Wars gaming then you may be interested in Star Wars Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy which launched on PS4 and Switch recently. The game allows you to continue Kyle Katarn’s story or jump online and battle against others using your Jedi skills to dominate matches. The online portion includes matches of up to 16 players and modes like Siege, Power Duel, Capture the Flag, Duel, and Free For All. Again this update was handled by Aspyr.
Source: Star Wars official site