Activision and Infinity Ward have rolled out their latest game update for acclaimed 2019 shooter, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare. This also includes changes to Call of Duty: Warzone.
This newest patch makes several adjustments to the multiplayer portion of Infinity Ward’s reboot and is available to download on all formats – including PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC.
A couple of highlights include various exploit fixes and re-balanced weapon tuning. See the full official patch notes below for a more detailed breakdown:
- Tuning all smoke challenges to be a bit more forgiving. This includes the challenge to unlock the Bruen MK9
- Fix to help prevent vehicle exploits
- Various exploit fixes, including Ground War Infected
- GameBattles: Fix for a few issues where players might not be able to join a new match
- Reduced fire delay on the Lightweight and Match Grade trigger attachments on all .357 calibers
- .357 Snake Shot damage rebalance
- Fixed a bug where the damage on the .357 Snake Shot was too high at longer distances
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare launched to rave reviews last October, presenting fans with a grittier more realistic take on the franchise.
In our review we scored the reboot 8/10 praising its campaign, audio design, and changes to the core gameplay:
Infinity Ward was never going to recapture the magic of the original Modern Warfare, but this is still their most memorable Call of Duty game of the past decade. This is a bold new spin that’s uneven in places, but proves there is still room for innovation within that core template.
Activision recently confirmed that Call of Duty: Warzone now has more than 60 million players. On top of that the publisher stated Modern Warfare had sold through more copies than every other entry in the series at this point after their release. Even with the ongoing success of both games, we can expect yet another Call of Duty to launch in 2020.
Source: Infinity Ward