Back in February, Focus Home Interactive and Lightbulb Crew revealed the tactical horror RPG Othercide for PS4, Xbox One, and PC. Today, it was confirmed that Othercide will be released on July 28th, and a new gameplay trailer has been released. Othercide’s plot focuses on a group called The Daughters who carry traits of the greatest warrior to live. This group is tasked with fighting against and push back the Suffering. The Daughters are an army and each will get their own personality as battles occur, but sacrifices may have to be made where a Daughter is lost for the bigger picture.
The game features have been listed as follows:
- Experience dynamic turn-based combat and a new way to anticipate enemy movements to perform a flawless tactical plan. Using the Dynamic Timeline System and unique set of skills, you will be able to:
- Interrupt an enemy attack
- Plan a delayed action that will be triggered later on in the timeline
- Use reaction skill to respond to any threat
- Prepare to suffer and face close calls in our terrifying and ruthless universe. With roguelite features, deadly missions, limited resources, and permanent death, there is no room for errors.
- Level up, unlock new skills and collect memories from the death of your enemies. A limited number of these bonuses can be implemented to your skills to boost their stats. But choose wisely as once implemented, you can’t take them back unless you decide to sacrifice your Daughter!
- Make dramatic choices and endure with your Daughters’ traumatic experiences which will make them stronger or weaker.
- Othercide invites you in an ethereal monochromatic dimension with only dashes of crimson red where your worst nightmares come to life.
Pre-orders are available on Steam and Xbox One with a 15% discount off of RRP. A Switch version will be released later on.